• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Active shooter at NAS Pensacola

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The law changed to allow carrying in churches back on 1 Sep, so pretty recently. Scary to think what would've happened if that guy didn't have a gun.

And not to sound macabre, but the dude that put the shooter down dropped him with a headshot from 15-20 feet away in about 5 seconds after the shooter's first shot. Cool as a cucumber.
Apparently he was the owner of a shooting school of some sort.

GroundPounder

Yep. Crazy uncle Joe made sure to call out Abbott for signing that bill into law. Citizens empowered to defend themselves: totally irrational. Sitting in “gun free zones” awaiting slaughter: totally rational I guess. Good job Joe, that’s not even close to the dumbest thing that’s come out of your face in the last few months.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bide...book&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mattwalsh

When you need help in seconds, the police are minutes away. I'm a 30 year LE member, so I say that with no disrespect to my chosen profession, it's the reality. Arming ones self is not for everyone, and that is fine, but in my opinion attempting to keep others from doing so is wrong. In general, making it nearly impossible to legally protect yourself or others with a firearm is not the way to go. My two cents...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
And not to sound macabre, but the dude that put the shooter down dropped him with a headshot from 15-20 feet away in about 5 seconds after the shooter's first shot. Cool as a cucumber.

I had to watch the video about 5 times to find who the good guy shooter was because he was relatively far away. Nicely done.

Unfortunately you also had Bubba in the center asile/pews flagging just about every bystander he can see.

taxi1

pilot
Maybe I’m over thinking this but what’s a two way range?
A circular firing squad without the guy in the middle?

Edit: based on my IA “outward bound for old guys” training, I think I would have reflexively popped off 2 rounds at the perp.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Someone decided to shoot up a church in Texas and was confronted and dispatched by armed members of the congregation. Sad that people were killed, but fortunate that good guys with guns stopped a massacre.

The video of the attack. Looks like he shot one congregant as he tried to draw, then got dropped with one head shot. Numerous others draw weapons as well.

I listened to a few of the interviews, the first person shot was part of the security team who say him reveal the shotgun, so as he drew he drew the attention of the shooter and was shot first, the shooter was barely able to get off that second shot before himself being shot.

A few of the first reports around me said he used an "assault rifle", not surprised but it is the media and it gives shock value.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/02/02/al-qaida-in-yemen-claims-deadly-florida-naval-base-shooting/

Al-Qaeda in Yemen claims deadly Florida naval base shooting.

The video, which was viewed by The Associated Press, provided a will written by Alshamrani to his family in September 2019, three months prior to attack. He said he wanted to attack the U.S., citing religious reasons. However, he made no mention of al-Qaeda.

So...screw him and his family for allowing this to happen uncontested.