• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Active shooter at NAS Pensacola

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Sad news. The shooter at Pearl used his service rifle to kill people. Any info on this one? I hope no Air Warriors were hurt.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
It occurred in the API building around muster time. I’ve read comments from students saying “they were told it was a foreign national (presumes also a student) and he was killed by police.”

Last edited:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
It occurred in the API building around muster time. I’ve read comments from students saying “they were told it was a foreign national (presumes also a student) and he was killed by police.”
Let us know if you hear more.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Watched the news conference and sounds like the Sheriff’s Deputies did a great job getting in there quickly. Sad day, hits too close to home...

Last edited:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
where's the admonishment to keep information close hold until next of kin are notified?

I thought we were all about that here.

It is often cautioned here not to speculate about a mishap, but we’ve not had a problem with inappropriate notifications here.

GroundPounder

First let me express my condolences that those of you who have lost personal friends or co-workers in this incident. I hope that when the time is right, that those victims that were in the crime scene are offered Critical Incident Debriefing ( CID ) . I'm in LE, and unfortunately, our most recent line of duty death was on the 19th of this month, so this topic resonates with me. We have found that a CID goes a long way to help people recover from traumatic incidents, and although it does not replace professional clinical treatment when needed, the outcome is significantly better for those that are able to participate.

If anyone is involved in this situation, I can offer some connections that may be of help for your men and women that made it through this event. I'm sure that the Navy has systems in place, but it is my opinion that this loss is different that a training accident or combat loss. It's hard to convey tone in an e-mail, I'm not insinuating that the Navy is not prepared to take care of their own, but only that being involved in shooting such as this thankfully is not something that the service faces to often.

Respectfully,

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor