• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Active shooter at NAS Pensacola

robav8r

None
Contributor
Although I can't tell from personal experience, I doubt that anything you pay that much money for you would have people be major dicks to you.

With the amount of money in .mil budget, I am sure that finding some half-assed psych bachelor grads to at least do something would be potentially useful, or at least to deployments statistically more stressful.
The most expensive part of the DoD budget is personnel costs.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
I doubt that anything you pay that much money for you would have people be major dicks to you.

Well, where that opinion that if the training it techically free for trainee (in military) then the trainer has all rights to hazing him/her came from? And moreover, that military training isn't really free - those restrictions trainee endures and time s/he spend in military prevent him/her from achieving all other possible goals in his/her life, most of them - for good. If one spends both time and money, s/he clearly anticipates these amounts and how to make the benefits from them. If one spends just time, it is quite hard to evaluate the real cost properly.

Last edited:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
^ You have some fucked up ideas of the U.S. military. Quit trying to associate it to the Soviet or Russian militaries. Total different organizations and cultures.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's not just my opinion. It's West Point 68' grad John T.Reed

Spoiler alert: it's 2019, not 1968. There is no hazing or bullying. You might argue there was "bullying" "back in the day," but really, for the most part is was just yelling and was used as a motivator (though I'd argue it's a poor one). But again, that's not really a thing anymore.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Well, being a service academy grad, in and of itself, ought to confer some mark of legitimacy, even though people's personalities and certain stereotypes seem to be otherwise.

(not a service academy grad)