• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Accepted??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

thanks and sorry (of course if they were in the stats area this would not have been a problem) *smartass smile*

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

JTP

It's been awhile.....Ghost, still no word, what about the Blue? Micheal, that sucks. Keep the head up, and reapply.

John and all you damn gator fans, nice win. I now hope we don't lose this weekend to Auburn and give yall the ticket to ATL.

I finally sent my package in today. We'll see how it goes.

J. Tyler Pate

GO DAWGS!

ghost_ttu

week 7 no word. I'm getting ready to go to grad school in the fall to do ROTC with the Blue.

grouch

I swear ghost, I think you are on candid camera! Or possibly some new reality show on FOX. Hang in there cowboy, I was just about to give up when I got the nod. Good things come to those who wait......and wait...............and wait....................................................and wait some more.

ghost_ttu

Last night I sold my truck and got a car so I can have it paid off by the time I go to school if the Navy says no. (gonna have a tough time pulling my boat with the car but I'll figure something out) So I figure today will be the day that the Navy will say yes since I just sold the truck. *laughs*

FlyGirl

Personally I would have sold the boat and not the truck...but that's just me. hehe.

So any word from navy yet Ghost?? Sounds like you are already making your choice....

There are no rules, just follow your heart. - Robin Williams

tali264

flygirl, I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Boat is priority 1. If he would have sold the boat there would be nothing. By selling the truck he still has a car to drive around in. He made the right decision [:D] - that was an easy one. Like he said, pulling the boat might be difficult, but any money he has lots of friends with trucks.

BONE77

Got the reject notice today. I'm going to try again. I talked to a new recruiter today and he told me that flight time means nothing. I know I know, different stories. He said the thing that will get you a slot is your ASTB score. He also said that the navy took back a lot of its pilots and NFO's that got out prior to Sept. 11th and got furloughed. That is why the slots are so dry. I was also not given a reason for rejection. Who knows? All I can do now is get a killer score on the ASTB. If you have a perfect score on that, it seems, all you have to do is write your name and ssn on a napkin and you'll be an SNA. That is what I learned from this. If you want in, don't spend $20,000 on flight training, just $400 on a tutor. That is my plan. Anyway good luck to those who made it, and those trying again. It ain't the end of the world.
Take Care everybody,
BONE

ghost_ttu

I haven't made my mind up, I'll still go Navy if they say let's go. But I can't wait around for them to make up their mind. I have to get moving incase they say no. Getting rid of the truck and getting in to the car lets me have the car bought when I start school. And my mom said she would pay the boat payment while I'm in school (b/c she likes the boat) so I'll own the boat (have it paid off) after 1 year after commission.

rhollin1

Every time someone puts up that they were rejected I go to the Stats and Scores link to see that persons stats. It seems that each one has comparable or better stats than me. I can't help but feel hopeless. I almost feel putting my app in is a waste of time. I am usually not negative; however with all the rejections I can't help but feel that way.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

NuSnake

rhollin...
my stats werent even as good as some of the people on this board who are getting shot down. I applied back right at the beggining of May and got accepted, I waited about a month or so to hear back. I got BDCP and all. The way I see it is that its all about timing, thats the bottom line. They just have the luxury of being selective right now, but I'm sure when the economy picks back up things may open up again.

Just my perception, but hey, I may be completely wrong about it all.

gsavy10

Bone, sorry to hear about the rejection. I got mine last week. It sucks. However, it's good to see that you're not giving up. I hope what you say about the ASTB is true. I got a 58! However, my GPA is probably what is killing me (2.48). I applying for the Marines because I hear they are less concerned with GPA. One way or another, I'm getting in![:D]

rhollin1

BDCPUAH, getting a BDCP is probably easier than going straight to OCS right now. The Navy has no idea what will be going on in a year and an half when you graduate and actually go in.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

BONE77

Hey you guys,
Keep trying, like the man said, bad timing, there have been times where they are forced to leave slots empty! And the flip side, (like now) where they have 2 slots for 200 applicants. Just wait, (if we can, it is getting old)six more months! Good luck people.

NuSnake

FYI, the waiting list for BDCP is long, very long right now. Anybody trying to get into the Navy is going to have trouble right now no matter what. For my program with BDCP you have to be no more than 24 months from graduation. In my recruiter's office, they have applicants up to the neck, so you are gonna have to play the waiting game just like everyone says. Hell, gsavy10 got a freakin 58 OAR(I'm guessing by his post), thats better than my OAR and I got in and he didnt. Its all about timing. Everything is based on the needs of the Navy from what I understand about all this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.