• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Accepted to OCC 186 June 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevew

Something doesn't make so much sense to me here. They are not going to let you bring your own boots that are broken in and they are not going to give oyu boots prior to shipping our for OCS? How could they expect everyone NOT to end up with blisters and torn feet?

rahall79

I haven't read you can't bring a pair of broken in boots. Ask your OSO. Mine said it was fine. If your OSO is saying something different, let us know.

Crowbar

None
Last summer we (Golf Company) were expected to bring 2 pairs of broken in black boots for PT/field use. We also got issued 2 pairs of the new brown boots. Some of the ended up getting issued more black boots because supply ran out of the brown ones. Sucks, eh? Anyway, since black boots are still kosher until October I plan on taking 2 pairs of broken in black boots again. Until I hear different, that's the plan...

phishnguy

Jump Boots?

What are jump boots? I have Wellco Spike Protective canvas side boots(jungles?). Can someone give me a good description of ICB's so I can try to get a pair, or should I stay w/ jungles and build calisus'? I'm assuming this will only benefit me when I put on the ICB's, since they are more comfortable?

rahall79

Jump boots will say on the box if they are jump boots, they usually have a flat sole. No grooves for traction. I know because I made the mistake. Luckily before I wore them. =u ) As for jungles vs. ICB's. I have no clue, I think it is a personal preference. Some like jungles because they keep your feet cool, others hate them, because they allow too much water in. Description of ICBs...black, leather, speedlace, 10-12" combat boot. Do a google search, and you will find a better description. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.