• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Accepted to OCC 186 June 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwm522

I just found out I got an air slot and will be atttending OCC 186 this June 6 till Aug. 13. I didnt think my PFT was high enough but i guess getting it infront of that early board helped! I am from Missouri maybe that helped me some how. Anyone else going to be attending?
Kirk Matson
KWM14@aol.com
One more thing: is the OSO weekend on April 17 weekend very beneficial to go to. What do you learn that weekend?
Thanks for the responses

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
??? I didn't know there was an early board, are you plc combined or something? I'm waiting on 186 also, but from what I know the board doesn't meet till April.

OSO weekend is well worth your while. My weekend involved a PFT (duh!), land nav & squad tactics classes/drill, went on a short hump, ran the O-course, etc. It gives you a chance to live in an OCC-type environment before you actually go, so you truly understand what it is you've gotten yourself into.

kwm522

I know after reading these threads it seems like everyone is waiting on the same board in April. My oso told me that there was a board on March 15 he wanted to get me infront of to have a better shot. He said it covered locations from around Indiana illinios and Missouri. I had a really good application and recomendations but my PFT was only 230. I know Ill have to get that up a hell of a lot higher to make it through. Maybe it helped that i already have my private and intstrument rating i dont know.
Is the oso retreat just like ocs? Do you get screamed at non stop the entire weekend or is it more of teaching u stuff.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Just like OCS? No, it's not nearly as intense from what we're told. But it was a "boot camp" environment, if you will. Plenty of screaming and regimentation. It's difficult, but rewarding.

You got in with a 230 huh? Damn, my PFT is 40 + pts higher than that and I don't think I'll get in. Very interesting.

kwm522

I know man I agree with you my Pft has gone up now but i guess that shows they look at everything you know! Other than my pft my application was pretty good so I bet you will not have a problem.
I just dont understand why no one else has heard about this March 15th board it must just be my location.
Good luck and I hope to see you this summer let me know what happens.
My only problem is I have a previous committment for the weekend of the oso retreat and my oso said it wasnt manditory, but i am thinking about cancelling it and going.
Would I be missing a lot of stuff if i didnt attend?

Dustball

2nd LT
You should look at what your priorities are, I went last year and then went to PLC Combined and it helped a lot. We had classes on Land Nav and drill and all kinds of useful information passed. If your serious about making it though this program you should take advantage of any help that might give you a little edge on your fellow candidates. Trust me you'll need it, especially if your PFT is low.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
What Dustball said. Do your best to get to it, you won't regret it. You'll get a nice heads up on things such as the 5-paragraph order and such.

flyinsioux

I am going this summer to the ten weeks. From guys that i have talked to that have gone to OCS in the past year the prep weekend is the best way to get a heads up on whats coming in June.

SLU_fly_girl

USMC PLC Srs 2004
kwm522-

Are you going through STL or is there another OSS for Missouri?

I went to the prep weekend last year and found it was beneficial. It will give you a leg up on other candidates, who may not know how to do land nav, at OCS. Also, it lets you know how you compare to the other candidates in your district. It was a weekend of "fun" before the hell begins!

Indy, HERE I COME!!! OORAH!!

kwm522

SLU_fly_girl said:
kwm522-

Are you going through STL or is there another OSS for Missouri?

Ya I am going through STL. I am going to go to the weekend in April for sure I would be stupid not to. I heard there is like a 40% wash out rate out of OCS right now so I know I need to do everything and anything I can to make it through. The only thing that I am worried about is shin splints. Lets hope they dont become a bother at OCS!
Kirk MAtson

NavyOCS

Anyone going to PLC-C this June?

I was wondering if any of you guys were going to OCS this summer. Man I cant wait to go and get it over with. I feel pretty prepared but still training hard. Hit me back.

utrico

Applying for OCS
Anybody know when the board actually meets in April? My OSO had told me that I could keep undating my PFT score in April until it met. I have another PFT on Friday and I am going to try and run it like it is my last but I would still like to know if I will have another one say two weeks into April or will they already have met by then? That is crazy you got in with a 230 but way to go. I have a 255 hoping to get a 275 on Friday. Who knows...my pull ups have been stuck at 17 for three months!!! KWM522 what was your run time? Was it good and you had trouble with pull-ups or something? My OSO has been saying that they weigh the run more heavily. I am only at a 22:00 and I don't know if that will be good enough...probably not.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I'm in NYC, my OSO said we only have until this saturday (March 27th) to finalize our PFT's. I'm sitting at a 288 right now, but since I'm going ground I need to get that even higher. It's all got to come from the run time too since I've got the other stuff maxed. As far as when everything has to be in to the board I think it's April 5th.

kwm522

I am going to the combined PLC program becuase this will be my junior summer I wont be commissioned until I graduate in 05. I think the qualifications are different than the people who have already or will be graduating in May of 04. I think that board that I went infront of is for the people that will be graduating next year. My situps are at 100 and my pull ups are at 15 but my run NEEDs to be better.
Anyone going to the OSO weekend in INDI on April 17. IF so let me know!
Has anyones OSOs out there told you guys what your run should be at if you want a legit chance of getting through the ten weeks?
Good luck and keep in touch
Kirk Matson
kwm14@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.