• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Accepted to OCC 186 June 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
I just got selected for a PLC-C JAG contract (I might be the only one of those here.).

Atomic 927- I'll be there. Are you applying through the Boston office?

Bobcat

PLC Sr.'s 05
I'm in with a PLC-Air contract but not sure which increment right now. Congrats to all others who have been selected.

phishnguy

Occ 186

I am going in June and am looking for any info on avoiding boot shock and breaking in boots. Anyways, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. The OSO's for North Carolina are holding a pre-ship pool function and I hear it helps a lot. We've tried to hold a pool function with some sort of helpful knowledge (M-16's, fire teams, close-order drill) every month. I not really worried about anything else than wearing those crappy boots and my feet exploding under me!

Anyways, oooooorraahhh

phishnguy

sorry, stats are...

GPA 3. 2 overall, 3.7 major
PFT 281
SAT 1120
ASTB 4/6 i believe, could be 6/4

see ya in june

rahall79

All though I won't see most of you (being female) here are my stats. June 10 weeker.

GPA 3.0
SAT 1250
PFT 285
ASTB 9/9/6 ( i think, took it a while ago)
Nothing special for LOR
2 waivers (one tat and one for med)
Air contract

If their are any females out there. Can't wait to see you.

As for boot shock. Start running/humping in them NOW. I already have calisus forming on my ankles. A pair of thin dress socks under the boot socks works well. And if you DO get blisters, there is some "waterproof" athletic tape that is light brown and has some cushioning. That helped me to keep training on blisters. Good luck to EVERYONE!!

irvmo

I'm also a female going in June with an air contract. Here are my stats.

GPA 2.7
SAT 1260
PFT 291

Mammalian04

Duct Tape over blister areas. That's what a lot of Cadets use here at A&M...

I know it doesn't build calisus but it is a short term solution. Then again, I don't think the SIs are be giving us time to tape our feet and primp. Dunno, just guessing.

Dexter80

I was OCC 180 and I we had about 45 to 50% wash out. The two main reasons were stress fractures (lower legs) and heat casualties. The OCS prep weekend was a great experience if for no other reason the boots tore my feet up so I spent a lot of time after that breaking them in. Take the time to wear them as much as you can and run in them. As it was heating up in Tennessee I would run in the heat with boots, long pants and t-shirts to start getting heat acclimated since you will do much of this at OCS.

rahall79

This is just what I have been told by my OSO. You will be issued boots at OCS. The brown ones. One to two pairs, depending on how many they have in your size. So, females with smaller feet beware. You are allowed to bring a pair of broken in black boots if you wish. This was suggested to me, so that is what I am doing. I went to a military surplus and asked for a pair of all leather, speedlace, black combat boot. Nothing special. (Don't get jump boots) They killed my feet during Prep-weekend, but in the past few weeks I have built up some calisus, so that is helpful. The down side to the black boots...they are no longer authorized as of sometime in Oct. But I figured I would have an easier time breaking in the boots issued to me if my feet were already rough. I hope this helps. Good Luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.