• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

acceptance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

Interesting...

They must have just gone back to the old rule because under that, with my prior time added up, I would have to commision late this month to make SNA. I don't start OCS untill the end of Oct. It's great that you have a positive attitude though, God knows the Navy needs happy NFO's. Did you hear that SuperHornet backseats are wide open???

(OC) Shutter SNA, 52 days to Poopie week!

Smokescreen

Just some food for thought, since the NFO to pilot program is going again, you can still become a pilot. Think my recruiter said that you have to have spent aleast a year as part of the fleet before you can apply and the cutoff age is 30.

Anyone know if I'm right about that?

-Smoke

[/quote]

Jeff29

Science Project
The NFO to Pilot transition requires at least 18 months in a fleet squadron, and must be done prior to 31st birthday.

Steven Ruiz

I read what Steve Wilkins wrOte, that the Navy is cutting on their pilot slots??

I am one of those old men that is graduating in a year and I am 28 now! Has anyone know or heard anything about the age being changed back to 27 since the are not in need of pilots anymore??

Please if anyone knows anything about this, let me know. I am getting pretty scared here with this age thing!!

Thanks,

Steven

Tahoe

Steve,

I know that we've talked a lot about age waivers on here, but I'm not sure as to the answer to that one. Snoop around the site some and I'm sure you'll find the answer.

Best of luck.

-Dave

pdt1702

Just found out today that I also have been selected for OCS with an NFO designation. However, I don't graduate until May so it will be a while until I am down in P-cola. At least I have plenty of time to get in shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.