• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

acceptance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff29

Science Project
There is an O-Gram (recruiting newsletter) from July 2000 that outlines this age waiver policy. Any recruiter should have access to a copy of this.

magnum

Well I had a little "pow-wow" with my officer recruiter and was informed that as a reservist(reserve time or active duty time for training) DOES NOT COUNT as prior service. So anybody want to be my chauffer?

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Well, your officer recruiter is wrong. Your reserve time does count as prior service. When you sign your contract, your PEBD (Pay Entry Base Date) will reflect the first time you signed on the dotted line. If your pay reflects your reserve time, why does it not count for active duty? When you went to Boot Camp, you spent 3 months on active duty (Satisfactory year), grunt school was active duty and so was every drill and AT you attended. I disagree with him and would ask him to show you in writing. I would also flank him and go talk to the Marine Prior Service Recruiter and discuss this topic. It could'nt hurt and could put you in the drivers seat. Check MARFORRES web page and find your nearest PSR. Regardless, pilot or NFO....it beats humping. Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Jeff29

Science Project
While reserve time would be considered prior service, I believe the wording in the waiver is "prior active service". You definitely want ot confirm this for yourself, but this might be what your recruiter is referring to.

Dave Shutter

Another thing I wanted to add...even if you were to have prior time on your DD214 the board may look and see a few months or les than a year and say that they meant a tour of a certain length? Wether or not they're subjective to the ammount of time or not is a consideration.

(OC)Shutter SNA 58 days to poopie week!

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Just my two cents worth but, from what I have learned don't leave the decision up to a board. Call the Aviation OCM at the Pentagon. These guys can and do make it happen. Also if your situation requires a waiver, it goes to them anyway. (Grease the skids) Make contact with these guys (CDR Scorby and CDR Johnson) and let them know your situation. They are people too and are normally willing to help. I found that if you have made contact with them (be nice) it will put you ahead in the game. They can then put a voice and personality to your waiver. It also makes certain that your waiver gets to them and not sumarily rejected by a board somewhere.

Dave P

Jared

EODDave

any recomendations, or know of any contacts for someone getting jerked around seeking a PRK waiver?

Jared

Jared

quote:
Who is jerking you around with a PRK waiver? It's a pretty simple process.

-Jeff

That was my understanding too, and yet I'm having a hell of a time getting the waiver approved. I've met all the criterion set forth (ie, pre and post op refractive error,visual acuity requirements, refactive stability, etc...) but an Admiral Freeman has denied the request saying that I haven't yet demonstrated refractive stability.

Jared

Jeff29

Science Project
If you are 3 months post-op and have had two refractive exams at least 30 days apart with a change of no more than .50 diopters, then according to Navy policy, you have demostrated stability. Do you have a copy of the instruction regarding PRK? Have you asked Vicki about her PRK waiver? Who is ADM Freeman (Is he with NOMI, BUPERS, or NAVCRUITCOM?)?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Jared,

Once again I would recommend that you contact the aviation OCM CDR Scorby his number is 703 693 2306/2307. Talk to him or CDR Johnson and they can tell you what you need to do.

Dave

Jared

I've read the official guidance regarding PRK, and I've met all the rquirements, that's what makes the medical disqualification frustrating. I've believe ADM Freeman is a CNRC medical advisor. My recruiter is taking the waiver request further, although I don't yet have all the details on where or to whom.

Jared

magnum

OFFICIAL!!

I decided to go right to the top on this issue concerning possible redesignation to SNA. I spoke with the OCM Cdr. Scorby concerning the age waiver requirements for prior service applicants. It is based upon ACTIVE DUTY prior service and it is MATCHED ACTIVE DUTY prior service which means that I had 3 months ACTIVE DUTY, I could extend 3 months after my 27th birthday. Well that was 2 years ago-so I'm afraid I no longer qualify for the age extension. Like I said before-NO PROBLEM!! Front seat/back seat it doesn't matter to me. I'm flying and I'M TURNIN' AND BURNIN'. HOOYAH

Indoctrination Candidate 12 JAN 02.

Status
Not open for further replies.