• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Able to make my wedding during aviation training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
sounds like they're downsizing the navy, and they've got more guys than they need.
If I'd bought stock in that, I'd never be here in Pensacola. Keep your foot on the gas, you may go farther than you think; at least you know you went as far as you could have.

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
You know yourself and your girlfriend better than anyone else on this forum (at least I hope you do!:icon_wink). Any advice on your future together is based off of our perceptions of your situation and our own experiences. The way the situation was presented leads me to think that both of you may not realize how much work and sacrifice it takes to make a marriage work in a lot of cases. I think your future together would benefit greatly from having "the chat", regardless of what career path you take. Again, this is just my opinion based on perception and experience.

As far as flying; don't give up yet. Keep pushing for what you want, the worst they can do is continually tell you no. Finish the ASTB and go for it. I thought there was an age limit for SWO's (27 or 28) as well. Maybe that was just for STA-21. If you absolutely can't fly, you could look into AMDO as well. You won't fly, but at least you'll be in the Aviation community. Good luck!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jesus Christ, man. It sounds to me like you're looking for an excuse to give up on Air and somehow make Prospective Mrs happy. If you're looking for people to tell you that's okay, you've come to the wrong place. Read any number of threads on here - there are dozens of guys fighting and clawing to get into the cockpit.

If you want to go aviation, you need to dig in and make it happen. Your recruiter is not an infalliable font of wisdom, nor is the the final arbiter. If you've decided to give up, quit wasting our time.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Mike978,
Quit. We don't need you or want you, or anyone else who would let outside influences stand in their way. There are literally hundreds of people waiting behind you in line who would kill for the opportunity you're trying to find every reason to pass on. Enjoy life as a civilian. NEXT.

Regards,
Naval Aviation.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Just heard back, they're not going to let me .... sounds like they're downsizing .... got more guys than they need.... shoots down any hopes of every making it .... I'm back to looking at SWO....
Thanks again.

Before the pig-pile gets too big ... You are most welcome ... and thanks for playing the game called:

NAVAL AVIATION:

20 Questions Asked & Answered
OR:

Why in the fuck did I wait until I was 28
before I got off my ass & decided to join up ???

Best of luck to you & the prospective Missus in the world of the Black-Shoe ...

Here's the link for your next set of questions: SAILOR BOB

Anchors Aweigh ... or is it yank hers away ... I never did get that straight ... ??? :)

CLOSED.

lockedv.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
O.K. ... I was just 'kiddin' ... if you want to pig-pile on this guy and the prospective Missus ... ROCK ON.

If another MOD-SQUAD-guy wants to close it, ROCK ON.

Re-opened for 'pig-piling' on 'practice' ... :)

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Yes, anybody who just gives up because his recruiter projected a bleak picture wouldn't make it through the door anyway.. granted I'm just early on in my flying career, but I overcame some huge hurdles to get here too, even got married the day before API started :watching3

Hell I turned 27 two months after I got commissioned, so talk about close call...yet nobody was going to convince me I couldn't make it and on top of that..everyone on here (recruiters included) were saying that FY'09 pilot slots were closed......FULL-STOP, but I said fuck it, I would regret it my whole life if I didn't at least try.

There are some of the smartest and most motivated dudes I have met so far, serving with me, and someone with your attitude would get left behind...so maybe it was a blessing in disguise you decided to half-heartedly accept no for Naval Air just to make the missus happy. In the end, you being miserable would just make her more unhappy and in the long run if things don't turn out the way you want them you could even have a slight resentment toward her.

Mike978

Mike978,
Quit. We don't need you or want you, or anyone else who would let outside influences stand in their way. There are literally hundreds of people waiting behind you in line who would kill for the opportunity you're trying to find every reason to pass on. Enjoy life as a civilian. NEXT.

Regards,
Naval Aviation.

Listen here you ignorant SOB, did you not read what I said?? You sure do have a quick tongue for someone that doesn't care to get their facts straight. No matter, not you or anyone else is going to discourage me from pursuing this, keeping my foot on the gas like Floppy said. Half the reason I even posted on here was because I straight up wanted my fiancé to come here and read the facts. I never once said I was giving up, you obviously have zero clue how much I've been dreaming of this. Not to bring in more details that you don't care about, but I would've signed up for this much earlier, in fact I took the tests years ago, but I've been very busy trying to take care of my younger brother who has terminal cancer. I've also accepted he'll likely pass away and I'll be unable to attend his funeral services. So don't sit here and tell me I'm not dedicated.

I first posted on here Tuesday night last week, by Wednesday morning I had already told the lady I was joining the Navy, and to take a hike if she wasn't on board with it. By Thursday my recruiter told me the Navy was halting all further OCS recruits for the remainder of the fiscal year. This would make me ineligible to become an NFO. He drove 200 miles to go speak to a CO in person about having a waiver signed for me, and the CO wouldn't do it. Several of my friends are LTJG's and they've also been trying to pull strings of their own. I'll only be one month out of eligibility (28 when I need to be 27 by the time I am out of OCS). I have made several calls to Flight Command in Pensacola, and still have not heard a response from them.

If anyone on here has any connections to someone that might be able to help please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

phrogpilot73

Listen here you ignorant SOB, did you not read what I said??
Learn to get a thick skin. And don't talk to other members that way.

He drove 200 miles to go speak to a CO in person about having a waiver signed for me, and the CO wouldn't do it. Several of my friends are LTJG's and they've also been trying to pull strings of their own. I'll only be one month out of eligibility (28 when I need to be 27 by the time I am out of OCS). I have made several calls to Flight Command in Pensacola, and still have not heard a response from them.
JG's can pull strings? I think they're called Irish Pennants. Also, what the hell is Flight Command?

If anyone on here has any connections to someone that might be able to help please let me know ASAP. Thanks.
We'll jump through our ass for you, after you insulted one of us? Get real. Also, it's not like any of us can float your resume around and get your foot in the door for an interview like in the civilian world. We can send you to an officer recruiter to start the process, that's about it. He's a little secret for you - The Navy already has too many JOs. And there's backups in flight training. The economy sucks, so the military is a "sure thing". See how this could lead to less spots?

It was my dream to be in the Marine Corps. I never had to worry about a waiver, because I was wearing the uniform by age 18.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....Listen here you ignorant SOB....

Ooooops ... now, see ... there you've gone & done it.

Wannabe's don't talk to commissioned Officers & Naval Aviators that way -- at least not in the real world nor on this forum.

I'll hold up a 'blue card' for you ... why don't you take some time off & spend it w/ the Missus-to-be ???

And since you're banned for a month -- no one cares about this thread for a month. Probably longer, truth be told ...

Closed ... again.

lockedv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.