• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A7 midair wreckage found 37 years later

Ok, I know a guy in the strike community that as a student had a Class A in the T45 on landing (his fault) and only survived because his seat was pinned. (his fault). Went on to drop his gear in a hornet above the number (not his fault?) Going further, in his shore tour, knowingly completed a cross country after discovering a bird strike on the first leg (3rd FNAEB) and STILL screened for DH on first look. So, is the group saying the system worked as advertised, or something is afoul?
What year was this?

Been over the last 9 years.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Three connections to the op's thread ...

>>>IP'ed in the A7 RAG at Lemoore when the airplane was brand new ...
>>>lived/fished in the St Augustine area for a decade ...heard many sonic booms roll ashore while there ...LOL!!
>>>cruised with Pete Schoeffel (the other mid-air pilot) on Intrepid in 1966 w/VA-95 ...VA-15 was our sister A4 squadron ...Pete was, IIRC, their Ops Officer ... http://www.pownetwork.org/bios/s/s090.htm

NightVisionPen

In transition
pilot
There was a dude on my cruise in 2002 who lost a F/A-18 due to incorrect out of control procedures following departure in a BFM engagement. He actually would have been okay had the guy not been a total douche already. No one liked him and this game them their opportunity to get rid of him.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
There was a dude on my cruise in 2002 who lost a F/A-18 due to incorrect out of control procedures following departure in a BMF engagement. He actually would have been okay had the guy not been a total douche already. No one liked him and this game them their opportunity to get rid of him.

A "BMF" engagement? Is that short for something?

4c5931ce-66f7-67fe.jpg