• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A "good" OAR score for IP (IW)

johnnie254

Hey all,

I'm currently enlisted and starting my package for becoming an IP officer. I know that one of the things needed for the package is an OAR test score, but prior to me enlisting I wasn't the best student and graduated with a less-than-stellar GPA. Given the level in the IW community, what would be considered a "good" score that would potentially overlook my GPA? I'm aware that GPA isn't the end all, be all, but it could raise eyebrows. I don't have the time to go back to school to get a Master's either so that doesn't help. Open to any advice (or criticisms lol).

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey all,

I'm currently enlisted and starting my package for becoming an IP officer. I know that one of the things needed for the package is an OAR test score, but prior to me enlisting I wasn't the best student and graduated with a less-than-stellar GPA. Given the level in the IW community, what would be considered a "good" score that would potentially overlook my GPA? I'm aware that GPA isn't the end all, be all, but it could raise eyebrows. I don't have the time to go back to school to get a Master's either so that doesn't help. Open to any advice (or criticisms lol).

Check out the various IWC Board threads on here, you’ll find candidates who’ll post their stats to include OAR score.

That will help gauge on where you need to be. Good luck.

exNavyOffRec

Hey all,

You should review the PA, there are TIS and GPA minimums to even apply, but then there is also what they actually pick and that GPA is much higher.

No OAR score will make them overlook a GPA, an OAR carries very little if any weight at all.

I'm on a similar path, pursuing MCWO, and have wondered the same thing. The prevailing opinion gathered from first person sources, this forum, and other online resources, is that meeting the minimum requirement (as per the program authorization) is the primary factor that the board looks at in regards to OAR.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I'm on a similar path, pursuing MCWO, and have wondered the same thing. The prevailing opinion gathered from first person sources, this forum, and other online resources, is that meeting the minimum OAR requirement (as per the program authorization) is the primary factor that the board looks at.
It isn't, board members often don't even look at the OAR, when it comes to IWC GPA and degree are the 2 most important factors, which is why majority of the selections have a STEM degree and the average GPA is 3.5

It isn't, board members often don't even look at the OAR, when it comes to IWC GPA and degree are the 2 most important factors, which is why majority of the selections have a STEM degree and the average GPA is 3.5
Glad to hear that confirmed.

That is what I intended to convey but I selected a poor sequence of words.