• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

a below in head work for Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Despite the double article...I knew you'd say this someday. HAHA ;)

That is what getting up at O-dark-thirty will do to you. After the latest gay thread I guess I had balls on my mind........:D

Lobster

Well, come on. It's not like Obama was invited and laughed derisively while balling up the invitation and shooting a three-pointer into the trash can. "Medal of Honor! Fvck that! I'm going to hang with my liberal Hollywood friends!"

I think this was mostly a staffie fvck-up. You know most of the time politicians are in "where are we going next, staff schedules guy?" mode, especially on an insanely busy day like Inauguration Day.

Politically, I'm not with the President. But I think now is the opportunity for we conservatives to be more grown-up about a President who is not of our party than those of the left were for the last eight years. In other words, cut the guy some slack.

I agree it was most likely a screw up on someone's part, I mean the Sunday before Obama and Biden were at Arlington paying respects. So it most likely was not his own call...

...But we can have a little fun at his expense can't we? :tongue2_1

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
He's the president...he could have gone if he wanted to. He could have prioritized and made it happen.
True. Until I hear otherwise, I'm assuming he didn't go to display his hatred toward the men and women who wear the uniform.:icon_wink

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
The illegal ones right?
Everyone else will be getting the commemorative bobble-heads--I hear they will be worth quite a lot one day--

I bet the the First Lady had bloody feet before they got to all the balls that night--she was already limping from her fashionable shoes far earlier in the day.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Poor schedule-planning, no doubt, but I suspect there's more to it than that the CINC handed his staff a hand-scrawled priority list that read "1. Hang out with cool celebrities.....47. Express appreciation to Armed Forces." And the tone of that article is hardly indicative of objectivity.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Is this forum going to turn into a dumping ground for Fox News's whining, err I mean... talking points re: President Obama?

There have been about 4-5 threads created in the past few days to bash on Obama, and he's barely been in office a week.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And the tone of that article is hardly indicative of objectivity.

I for one believe it was a blunder by rookie staff. One that should not have happened and one that they should be called out for, publicly, and by the man they made look bad. They ain't all that so they better get over themselves. The serious business of supporting the president, any president, is 24/7 and doesn't take leave for inaugural party night. That said, it isn't like he didn't honor the military in other ways that night. As to the link, it was an editorial. That is why it may have sounded, appropriately so, snarky. You can be excused for the confusion since you are so used to slip shod yellow journalism found in the news pages it looked like straight news to you. Back in the day there was no confusing straight news stories and opinion.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I would have gone to the MTV Ball before the MOH repicient Ball too! I don't know no MOH recipients who can get me on 'Cribs!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is this forum going to turn into a dumping ground for Fox News's whining, err I mean... talking points re: President Obama?

There have been about 4-5 threads created in the past few days to bash on Obama, and he's barely been in office a week.
It is only commensurate with all the positive hype for having, accomplished nothing, made no hard decisions or even broken a sweat. When he makes a really tough call I'll give him a break, something the left rarely afforded Bush.

I haven't seen any Fox News whining here. Beside, if it is news, accurately reported as fact, why does it matter the network or wire that reported it? Maybe you would prefer Fox News bashing?

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
As to the link, it was an editorial. That is why it may have sounded, appropriately so, snarky. You can be excused for the confusion since you are so used to slip shod yellow journalism found in the news pages it looked like straight news to you. Back in the day there was no confusing straight news stories and opinion.

It certainly sounded editorial, but for some reason I got the impression there was an attempt to pass it off as actual news.

Bevo16

pilot
P.S. Be respectful, I have seen a few posts here lately (not necessarily on this thread) that tread into Article 88 territory.

B.S.

This kind:
CowPie-JeffVanuga.jpg

I did hear today though that with the economy going bad, President Obama was forced to lay-off 15 journalists. It should not be a problem though with Flash running a one man PR firm on a pro bono basis.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
It is only commensurate with all the positive hype for having, accomplished nothing, made no hard decisions or even broken a sweat. When he makes a really tough call I'll give him a break, something the left rarely afforded Bush.
The man hasn't even been in office a week and Congress is on vacation. What do you expect him to accomplish in this time? Do you have even higher expectations of him than the left, who make him out to be the messiah and savior of America? Did you actually believe his whole "change" campaign slogan? I don't think the CiC deserves to be bashed until proven otherwise.

This was probably the wrong thread to pick among the bunch, considering that it's actually based on fact and is a pretty egregious error. But reading the other threads that popped up the past few days, I have learned that: homosexuality is evil, birth control is evil, dropping garbage is evil, and it's all Obama's fault for tolerating these devilish things.

I would be making the same statement if the left-leaning folks on this forum (all 2 of them) started spamming superfluous threads about McCain by rehashing CNN talking points.

Status
Not open for further replies.