• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

a below in head work for Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I still can not understand how this can happen. The president's team must be idiots. They had to know how bad this would look. Maybe medal of honor recipients didn't give enough to his political campaign. Giving their blood just isn't good enough?

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/8627

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
That's pretty unfortunate for all of those recipients hoping to meet their President. Hopefully it was just a mistake.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
^--- I agree, hopefully just poor headwork. However, to make it more disturbing, click the follow on link at the bottom of wink's link and read the bottom two paragraphs. Yikes.

Lobster

Unbelievable... :icon_what

Its the first week...pretty unimpressive so far

...and I've yet to get my free pony

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unbelievable... :icon_what

Its the first week...pretty unimpressive so far

...and I've yet to get my free pony
No way, a pony!! I was promised a kitten! I deserve a pony. I am better then a kitten. You are getting a pony, why can't I have a pony? I am just like you. What makes you so special? If you are getting a pony then I better get a pony or I won't support him or his party next time that is for sure.

Lobster

No way, a pony!! I was promised a kitten! I deserve a pony. I am better then a kitten. You are getting a pony, why can't I have a pony? I am just like you. What makes you so special? If you are getting a pony then I better get a pony or I won't support him or his party next time that is for sure.

I heard we all get ponies...has it now been downgraded to kittens? Or those plates I've seen on TV? :p

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
The follow up is a great statement by the American Legion. I encourage you all to join this great group of Americans...it's a priviledge to serve without being recognized sometimes and these guys do it better than anyone.

Craig Roberts, Media Relations Manager for the American Legion, issued the following statement:
The American Legion, as it has on every inauguration evening since 1953, hosted the Salute to Heroes Inaugural Banquet & Ball on January 20th. The quadrennial event is co-sponsored with fourteen veterans service and military service organizations and honors recipients of the Medal of Honor. Forty-seven of these heroes attended this year’s event which was held in the Renaissance Washington DC Hotel.
President Obama was invited but did not attend. Vice-President Joe Biden did appear, however, and was very warmly received. The new President’s absence was understandable considering the unprecedented logistical challenges presented by the vastly increased number of visitors to this inauguration and the necessary attendant security measures. The American Legion, as an organization, does not feel offended or “snubbed.”​

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is only so much time for so many balls. I think the whole ball thing is a bit overdone and too much, everyone trying to compete with each other. I certainly wish he had gone to this one, I think it would have been appropriate, but don't read too much into it. He and his wife made a big point to go to this one:

Commander in Chief's Ball

And you certainly didn't have to know someone to get tickets to get in the door there.

P.S. Be respectful, I have seen a few posts here lately (not necessarily on this thread) that tread into Article 88 territory.

Lobster

Jackass said:
Maybe Obama will make an effort to apologies and make amends.

Maybe he will put on his Shutter Shades and rock out to "Stronger" while in the Oval Office...

kanye-west-grammys-performance-1.jpg

Work it, make it, do it, makes us harder, better, faster, stronger!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, come on. It's not like Obama was invited and laughed derisively while balling up the invitation and shooting a three-pointer into the trash can. "Medal of Honor! Fvck that! I'm going to hang with my liberal Hollywood friends!"

I think this was mostly a staffie fvck-up. You know most of the time politicians are in "where are we going next, staff schedules guy?" mode, especially on an insanely busy day like Inauguration Day.

Politically, I'm not with the President. But I think now is the opportunity for we conservatives to be more grown-up about a President who is not of our party than those of the left were for the last eight years. In other words, cut the guy some slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.