• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

a below in head work for Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster

Everyone else will be getting the commemorative bobble-heads--I hear they will be worth quite a lot one day--

I bet the the First Lady had bloody feet before they got to all the balls that night--she was already limping from her fashionable shoes far earlier in the day.

Oh so thats it...I just thought she couldn't dance and had zero rhythm...you'd think the first lady would know how to at least do the 1-2 step.

Lobster

Turtl3 said:
He's the president...he could have gone if he wanted to. He could have prioritized and made it happen.

Ok so he didn't want to go or he had all his little birdies in his ear telling him where to go and what to do...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The man hasn't even been in office a week and Congress is on vacation. What do you expect him to accomplish in this time? Do you have even higher expectations of him than the left's, who make him out to be the messiah and savior of America? I don't think the CiC deserves to be bashed until proven otherwise.
What I don't expect is an embarrassment of praise for doing, as you admit, really nothing. That is the dig. He signed some executive orders. Things that he had promised and had been staffed and studied well. Big deal. He appointed Mitchel and Holbrook and I saw on CNN that it was a repudiation of the Bush years, a big change of direction. Mitchel was Bush's Middle East Envoy when Bush became the very first president to commit to a two state solution. Holbrook is a career diplomat that worked for both GOP and DEM presidents. But the praise doesn't stop coming. It isn't the President that is aggravating, it is the press and his mindless supporters that think every breath he takes is worthy of praise.

But reading the other threads that popped up the past few days, I have learned that: homosexuality is evil, birth control is evil, dropping garbage is evil, and it's all Obama's fault for tolerating these devilish things.
I started the Frankenstein post that has run from garbage to homosexuality and have posted several times. There is little if anything in it that says homosexuality is evil. Some may think that, but you can't find it in that thread. Dropping garbage is very bad. If you are a DEM environmentalist dropping garbage is evil, unless DEMs do it. That was the point. I haven't seen the post on birth control but I doubt anyone thought it was evil. I am sure it had to do with government spending.

Lighten up. There will be plenty of time to properly defend the president when he actually does something that someone can disagree with over substantial matters. Keep your powder dry.

exhelodrvr

pilot
What I don't expect is an embarrassment of praise for doing, as you admit, really nothing. That is the dig. He signed some executive orders. Things that he had promised and had been staffed and studied to well. Big deal. He appointed Mitchel and Holbrook and I saw on CNN that it was a repudiation of the Bush years, a big change of direction. Mitchel was Bush's Middle East Envoy when Bush became the very first president to commit to a two state solution. Holbrook is a career diplomat that worked for both GOP and DEM presidents. But the praise doesn't stop coming. It isn't the President that is aggravating, it is the press and his mindless supporters that think every breath he takes is worthy of praise.

"What I don't expect is an embarrassment of praise for doing, as you admit, really nothing."

Actually, after the campaign, that is EXACTLY what I expect.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I have learned that: homosexuality is evil, birth control is evil, dropping garbage is evil, and it's all Obama's fault for tolerating these devilish things.
I guess learning has occured. Who said you can't teach a blind man to see? :D

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
But the praise doesn't stop coming. It isn't the President that is aggravating, it is the press and his mindless supporters that think every breath he takes is worthy of praise.
I agree. However, that doesn't mean the proper course is to retaliate by bashing him at every opportunity, mostly for things that seem petty and speculative. Perhaps instead of bashing him until he actually does something, you should refrain from bashing him until he actually does something?

If you are a DEM environmentalist dropping garbage is evil, unless DEMs do it.
My memory might be failing me, but I don't recall Obama ever making the environment a cornerstone of his campaign. Not all Democrats are environmentalists, and not all Republicans are anti-environmentalists. Both Obama and McCain talked a lot about energy conversation due to $4.00+/gal gas prices during election season, and they both had pretty much the same plan for that. But as far as save-the-whales treehugger type stuff? I didn't hear too much of that during election season.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'm retired so I can say this...

Fuck Obama

He does not have the experience to be President. His election was a farce and largely the results of good PR, the press loving him, the press hating Bush and popularity with either uneducated/ill-informed people who did not make their choice based on the facts but rather on emotion. If the Democrats hadn't made the young, well spoken, goood looking black guy their spokesman during the 2004 election, no one would even know who Obama was. Pure PR and he rode the wave without ever earning the position.

Having said that, he is now the President and I have to accept that. If by some far reach of the imagination I found myself back on active duty, I'd obey his orders.

But I'll bash him and what I see as his ill advised decisions whenever I want. He's getting no grace period from me, especially as one of his very first acts as President will likely end up with terrorist being set free to continue to try and harm or country and its citizens.

(For those that think I say this because Obama is a Democrat, you're wrong. There are plenty of Democrats with the experience to make good Presidents.)

Lawman

None
Everyone else will be getting the commemorative bobble-heads--I hear they will be worth quite a lot one day--

I bet the the First Lady had bloody feet before they got to all the balls that night--she was already limping from her fashionable shoes far earlier in the day.

My favorite part or the media circus that insued was during the motorcade when he got out of the Limo in freezing weather. You could see the look of "are you out of your god damn mind!" on her face.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm retired so I can say this...

Fuck Obama

He does not have the experience to be President. His election was a farce and largely the results of good PR, the press loving him, the press hating Bush and popularity with either uneducated/ill-informed people who did not make their choice based on the facts but rather on emotion. If the Democrats hadn't made the young, well spoken, goood looking black guy their spokesman during the 2004 election, no one would even know who Obama was. Pure PR and he rode the wave without ever earning the position.

(For those that think I say this because Obama is a Democrat, you're wrong. There are plenty of Democrats with the experience to make good Presidents.)
So is experience the only criteria for being the President? What about VP (Gov Palin:confused:)? Don't you think you should vote on who will do the best job for the country?

HAL Pilot said:
There should only be one criteria for your vote - who you think will do the best job for the country.
Apparently most Americans thought the country was heading in the wrong direction and liked the direction they thought Sen. Obama would take us. Perhaps it makes people feel good to blame the media, good PR, his speeches and say that everyone who voted for him was being ignorant and everyone who voted for Sen. McCain was being smart. If that is what you need to sleep at night for your candidate taking an electoral beating, c'est la guerre.;)

CAMike

None
Contributor
Spekkio- You think environmental issues weren't a "cornerstone" in Pres. B.O.'s campaign but I assure you that they were defintely bright on his radar. Today B.O. did something that now gives each state the right to set their own auto emissions standards. Here in CA that would be 37 MPG in just seven more years.

I eagerly look forward to all the used cars that end up here in CA in 8 years. Physics are physics- there only so many BTU's you can squeeze out of a gallon of gas. Here in CA we barely have enough electricity to cool our homes in the summer. Where specifically is the comprehensive energy solution? Yes- It can be done but not the way he's going about it.

He's just providing some emotional payback to the Hollywood Power House of Actors at this point.

Only 3 years, 11 months and ...oh never mind.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Today B.O. did something that now gives each state the right to set their own auto emissions standards. Here in CA that would be 37 MPG in just seven more years.
Transferring power from federal to state level of government is usually more conservative than liberal. Your beef is with the CA state gov't setting impossible standards, not with Obama.

exhelodrvr

pilot
So is experience the only criteria for being the President? What about VP (Gov Palin:confused:)? Don't you think you should vote on who will do the best job for the country?

Apparently most Americans thought the country was heading in the wrong direction and liked the direction they thought Sen. Obama would take us. Perhaps it makes people feel good to blame the media, good PR, his speeches and say that everyone who voted for him was being ignorant and everyone who voted for Sen. McCain was being smart. If that is what you need to sleep at night for your candidate taking an electoral beating, c'est la guerre.;)

I would trust Palin's innate common sense and actual executive experience in Alaska over Biden's idiocy and 30 years experience in the Senate.

And I strongly suspect that a significant number of the people who voted for Obama did so because they were given such a negatively biased view of President Bush and an equally positively biased view of Obama, by the media.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
B.S.

This kind:
CowPie-JeffVanuga.jpg

So the stuff that comes out of your mouth on a regular basis, got it.

I did hear today though that with the economy going bad, President Obama was forced to lay-off 15 journalists. It should not be a problem though with Flash running a one man PR firm on a pro bono basis.

Find one instance on this board where I criticized the previous President or members of his staff directly, and in a disrespectful way. I have always been especially careful to follow that rule, in spirit and practice. You might want to do the same.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And I strongly suspect that a significant number of the people who voted for Obama did so because they were given such a negatively biased view of President Bush and an equally positively biased view of Obama, by the media.

Then how did President Bush and President Reagan both win two terms in office? You give the American public to little credit to think for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.