• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 FEB 2018 Aviation Board

(NAC)Arizona

1520/AMDO
Sorry it got so long winded and confusing. I was just trying to keep you guys updated. We're all here to help each other out amirite?
I'm actually not sure how it works. It put me at a 98 for NFO. So there's that. My scores are not 98 worthy after seeing some of the scores here. When my recruiter described how the calculator worked he said he put in my GPA, ASTB, and major.

If I had to guess, it probably has something to do with the combined aviation board. So just because you are only applying SNA, the board is probably able to accept you for NFO. Kind of like a "hey, it's here if you want it" type thing. @RUFiO181 of @NavyOffRec probably have more to say on the subject, but if I had to guess, that would be whast happened.

Yeah you missed some interesting detective work from all of us here haha
Sounds awesome! If this happens to everybody then freaking awesome! Definitely easier on the board members.

citrus_50

citrus_50
@RUFiO181 There were about 18 SNAs and 10 NFOs PROREC-Y during the Oct/Nov aviation board - I'm sure more were selected who don't check in to the airwarriors site also.

Is this a fair estimate of the selection numbers for each board? I figured it would be on the higher end since it was the first board for FY18 but the July 2017 board had similar numbers.

zcomeaux

You weren't selected on the last board with those scores? Or are they new?

I had a termination letter that wasn’t properly explained. Essentially, I stated the terms of my termination, however; I didn’t take accountability in my termination statement. It was a humbling experience to get that feedback, but it was a much needed self evaluation of character.

Resubmitted my packet with a new statement as well as some LoRs and an interview from a F/A18 squadron commander.