• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 FEB 2018 Aviation Board

mke07

So pretty much based on your GPA and ASTB you can auto qualify for either SNA or NFO, depending on what community you applied to. This cuts out the middle man, the board. If you auto qual it's the same thing as a pro rec y.

Edit: It's also based on availability. So if you're still in college, or a prior and still under contract, I don't think you can qualify and still have to go to board, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Last edited:
So pretty much based on your GPA and ASTB you can auto qualify for either SNA or NFO, depending on what community you applied to. This cuts out the middle man, the board. If you auto qual it's the same thing as a pro rec y.

But you still have to wait for the next board to convene, correct? I'm submitting for the May board but it's something I would definitely like to talk to my recruiter about.

mke07

But you still have to wait for the next board to convene, correct? I'm submitting for the May board but it's something I would definitely like to talk to my recruiter about.
I don't want to jinx anything, so I'll remain skeptical and say I haven't truly gotten a PRO REC, but after talking to my recruiter I am apparently just waiting for my contract to be approved and a class date. Which neither of those things are determined by the board so I'm assuming my kit doesn't actually go to the board anymore, and therefore wouldn't see why I would need to wait for the board to convene.

jjg

I don't want to jinx anything, so I'll remain skeptical and say I haven't truly gotten a PRO REC, but after talking to my recruiter I am apparently just waiting for my contract to be approved and a class date. Which neither of those things are determined by the board so I'm assuming my kit doesn't actually go to the board anymore, and therefore wouldn't see why I would need to wait for the board to convene.
Did your recruiter mention what the auto qualification point is? Or is it just using that calculator to get a score?

mke07

So just trying to keep you, and really everyone else updated on this, I checked with my recruiter and my packet doesn't go to the board. It is just straight up a Pro Rec Y. So I'm going to be checking out of this board, but wish everyone here the best of luck! I hope to see all of you either at Newport or Pensacola someday! I'm going to keep an eye on this thread for sure to see what the results are here.

Meyerkord

pilot
So just trying to keep you, and really everyone else updated on this, I checked with my recruiter and my packet doesn't go to the board. It is just straight up a Pro Rec Y. So I'm going to be checking out of this board, but wish everyone here the best of luck! I hope to see all of you either at Newport or Pensacola someday! I'm going to keep an eye on this thread for sure to see what the results are here.
Oh shit. This is interesting. Congrats! Texting my recruiter now...

kpfiz

Just talked to my recruiter. She said that as of now there is not an “auto-qual” system in place BUT they are working on it. I would guess that if there are going to be “auto-qual” standards implemented soon that they are likely operating off of them already even though the packet will still be brought to a board if that makes sense? Anyone find out anything different?

jjg

So this basically means that a large portion of people on this thread that have your scores or better just go selected...?

mke07

So this basically means that a large portion of people on this thread that have your scores or better just go selected...?
I honestly don't know how this is working. According to my recruiter, I have a PRO REC Y, not going to this board, and waiting on my contract to be approved.

Other people here are saying that the auto qual isn't working yet, and it's just a metric to get people to board.

I only know what my recruiter is telling me, and where I stand. I can't speak for how the entire system works in detail or how far it's been implemented, but I would imagine people with scores comparable to mine have been accepted.

Reactions: jjg

Sking180

Just spoke with my recruiter as well, he said that they’re in the process of implementing one but he’s not sure when it will be in place.

Meyerkord

pilot
My recruiter said my application is "at the board" and he won't know anything until after it meets. Looks like no auto-select for me.

mke07

Just spoke with my recruiter as well, he said that they’re in the process of implementing one but he’s not sure when it will be in place.
Knowing my luck I'm probably some Guinea pig and they'll change their minds later this week.