• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 FEB 2018 Aviation Board

mke07

@RUFiO181 are you able to confirm some have been pro recd Y already and some go to board?
I'm not sure it is really his place to disclose that information, but for what it's worth I am 100% not bullshitting you with my situation. I explicitly asked my recruiter if this was a pro rec y and if I went to board and he answered both with yes and no respectively.

It may seem weird that I'm the only one as of right now that this happened to, but my recruiter has been pushing me for this auto qual program since October, so that may be why. More may be coming out of the wood work the next week or so, but it remains to be seen.

Mike D.

Contributor
I'm not sure it is really his place to disclose that information, but for what it's worth I am 100% not bullshitting you with my situation. I explicitly asked my recruiter if this was a pro rec y and if I went to board and he answered both with yes and no respectively.

It may seem weird that I'm the only one as of right now that this happened to, but my recruiter has been pushing me for this auto qual program since October, so that may be why. More may be coming out of the wood work the next week or so, but it remains to be seen.

Hey man I definitely believe you! And first of all congrats. That's awesome and a big weight off your shoulders I am sure. I do not have a lot of communication with my recruiter unfortunately so perhaps I over rely on the word of the big moderators on here.

mke07

Hey man I definitely believe you! And first of all congrats. That's awesome and a big weight off your shoulders I am sure. I do not have a lot of communication with my recruiter unfortunately so perhaps I over rely on the word of the big moderators on here.
It's just a weird time to be applying with everything going on. But I can totally understand the relying on these threads for info. I just am not sure anyone has any real info on this process. I would love to hear from rufio or navyoffrec, but it seems like they're kind of in the dark about this as well.

I didn't want to imply that you didn't believe me, cause it does totally look weird and still even feels weird on my end, but I'm guessing that I just kind of slipped through the cracks or my recruiter managed to pull some strings. This whole thing is genuinely super confusing and weird.

Edit: also, thanks! It is definitely a lot less stressful now. I'l be extremely relieved once my contract comes in though.

Mike D.

Contributor
It's just a weird time to be applying with everything going on. But I can totally understand the relying on these threads for info. I just am not sure anyone has any real info on this process. I would love to hear from rufio or navyoffrec, but it seems like they're kind of in the dark about this as well.

I didn't want to imply that you didn't believe me, cause it does totally look weird and still even feels weird on my end, but I'm guessing that I just kind of slipped through the cracks or my recruiter managed to pull some strings. This whole thing is genuinely super confusing and weird.

Edit: also, thanks! It is definitely a lot less stressful now. I'l be extremely relieved once my contract comes in though.

Agreed on all accounts haha. Well thanks for sharing your info from recruiter and good luck to you

mke07

Ok I know I've been blowing this up lately but I finally nailed down with my recruiter what is going on. As of January 1st, every aviation applicant is prescreened by the auto qual standards. You're either yes or board determined. I ended up yes, but all that means apparently is the board doesn't even look at your packet. You're passed through automatically.

This is where the confusion came from because he interpreted it as a pro rec y. It essentially is, but it isn't entered into the system as such until after the board.

So I'm not getting in any sooner, just don't have to wait to know what the board is going to say if that makes sense.

Mike D.

Contributor
Ok I know I've been blowing this up lately but I finally nailed down with my recruiter what is going on. As of January 1st, every aviation applicant is prescreened by the auto qual standards. You're either yes or board determined. I ended up yes, but all that means apparently is the board doesn't even look at your packet. You're passed through automatically.

This is where the confusion came from because he interpreted it as a pro rec y. It essentially is, but it isn't entered into the system as such until after the board.

So I'm not getting in any sooner, just don't have to wait to know what the board is going to say if that makes sense.

Makes sense. Thanks for dialing it down with your recruiter for all of us and passing it on. Interesting stuff. Hard not to stress about it but really it won't change the outcome. I haven't heard anything from my recruiter about it so we shall see what happens! I wonder what the auto qual looks like...if it's the calculator they use or a combination of that and a cutoff score for auto select.

CMS

Spoke with my recruiter today about this board, and he said I got picked up for NFO, which seems odd as I only applied as SNA. I thought maybe this could have something to do with the new pre-screen/auto-qual. Could anyone shed some light on this? Thanks and good luck to all

mke07

Makes sense. Thanks for dialing it down with your recruiter for all of us and passing it on. Interesting stuff. Hard not to stress about it but really it won't change the outcome. I haven't heard anything from my recruiter about it so we shall see what happens! I wonder what the auto qual looks like...if it's the calculator they use or a combination of that and a cutoff score for auto select.
Sorry it got so long winded and confusing. I was just trying to keep you guys updated. We're all here to help each other out amirite?
I'm actually not sure how it works. It put me at a 98 for NFO. So there's that. My scores are not 98 worthy after seeing some of the scores here. When my recruiter described how the calculator worked he said he put in my GPA, ASTB, and major.
Spoke with my recruiter today about this board, and he said I got picked up for NFO, which seems odd as I only applied as SNA. I thought maybe this could have something to do with the new pre-screen/auto-qual. Could anyone shed some light on this? Thanks and good luck to all
If I had to guess, it probably has something to do with the combined aviation board. So just because you are only applying SNA, the board is probably able to accept you for NFO. Kind of like a "hey, it's here if you want it" type thing. @RUFiO181 of @NavyOffRec probably have more to say on the subject, but if I had to guess, that would be whast happened.
This is interesting...
Yeah you missed some interesting detective work from all of us here haha

Meyerkord

pilot
It sounds like you know just about as much as we do. What are your stats?

CMS

If I had to guess, it probably has something to do with the combined aviation board. So just because you are only applying SNA, the board is probably able to accept you for NFO. Kind of like a "hey, it's here if you want it" type thing. @RUFiO181 of @NavyOffRec probably have more to say on the subject, but if I had to guess, that would be whast happened.

Yeah this is kind of what I figured happened.

Thanks all. I'll update when I hear from my recruiter with more certainty

mke07

So thanks to @citrus_50 we now have a new column to the Spreadsheet! Exciting stuff. I also changed so anyone can comment on anything in there, so if there is anything wrong, anything you want to add, message me for full access or just drop a comment in the spreadsheet. Thanks guys!

jRiot504

I am not applying for aviation (too old) but my recruiter said they recently changed Aviation and IWC boards.

He said the packet goes up to the boards and they select your designators from there depending on your qualifications. For example instead of just applying for Intel, you apply for IWC, allowing you to be picked up for Intel, CW, Oceanic etc...

Aviation is supposed to occur the same way, you apply directly to aviation and you're either picked up for SNA or NFO.

He did you can you be picked up for multiple, allowing you to choose but it doesn't mean it will happen.

cubuffalo

Aviation is supposed to occur the same way, you apply directly to aviation and you're either picked up for SNA or NFO.
The way I had understood it, you can apply for aviation this way, where you're picked up for either SNA or NFO, or you can apply SNA only specifically.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
He said the packet goes up to the boards and they select your designators from there depending on your qualifications. For example instead of just applying for Intel, you apply for IWC, allowing you to be picked up for Intel, CW, Oceanic etc...

That's kind of true. You still submit designator choices, but whether you apply for one or all three you'll be considered for all at the board.