• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 AUG 17 SWO board

Pro Rec N

The next SWO board date is October 16th, application due September 16 so I will be applying then if my recruiter and I can get my app in on time

T. Blue

Has anyone received class up dates. I'm currently underway, and was told I was getting sent off after we return. Should I still receive a class up date though?

Able05

Has anyone received class up dates. I'm currently underway, and was told I was getting sent off after we return. Should I still receive a class up date though?
I can't say for sure, but I imagine that most of you won't be headed to Newport until Novermber or beyond based on the timeline of the last board.

Steve6954

Hi Guys, I'm 29, currently and E6 in the Army. My stats are 44 OAR, 3.6 GPA is Psychology. Multiple LOR from an O5, O4, E9 and I did an interview with an O6 SWO that gave me an outstanding write up. I am still waiting to hear about wither or not I was Prorec.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi Guys, I'm 29, currently and E6 in the Army. My stats are 44 OAR, 3.6 GPA is Psychology. Multiple LOR from an O5, O4, E9 and I did an interview with an O6 SWO that gave me an outstanding write up. I am still waiting to hear about wither or not I was Prorec.

The min OAR score for swo is 45...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I understand, the recruiter spoke with NRC or the School house and they told him they would accept the 44 so I could try my hand at this board.

Um no, it doesn't work that way. The program authorizations are created, approved, and implemented well ahead of NRC's authority. Similar to a college application, if the minimum SAT score for that college is 1200 and you have a 1150... will you be able to submit? Very unlikely. The PAs are guidelines which showcase the minimum requirements to submit an application. Active duty, prior service, or none of the above, they are the law of the land.

My recommendation: retake and improve your OAR score or consider another branch of service. The Army has plenty of Warrant Officer and straight up commissioning programs as well. A 44 OAR score won't cut it for SWO, or any program for that matter and the SWO boards don't care about interviews with Captains.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Pro Rec N

The next SWO board date is October 16th, application due September 16 so I will be applying then if my recruiter and I can get my app in on time

You have a 6 month wait unless you have a significant change in your application and risk the board just giving you an automatic N if under 6 months.

exNavyOffRec

I was genuinely surprised as well, so I will probably be taking the ASTB again here soon to make myself more competitive.

Your OAR is fine, if you didn't have any waivers you may have just been a good person that rec'd a N, just get ready to resubmit and make sure your OR puts a decent statement from him in there.

Steve6954

Um no, it doesn't work that way. The program authorizations are created, approved, and implemented well ahead of NRC's authority. Similar to a college application, if the minimum SAT score for that college is 1200 and you have a 1150... will you be able to submit? Very unlikely. The PAs are guidelines which showcase the minimum requirements to submit an application. Active duty, prior service, or none of the above, they are the law of the land.

My recommendation: retake and improve your OAR score or consider another branch of service. The Army has plenty of Warrant Officer and straight up commissioning programs as well. A 44 OAR score won't cut it for SWO, or any program for that matter and the SWO boards don't care about interviews with Captains.
Thank you for the information. I appreciate your honesty, I'm curious now as to how my packet made it to the selection board if that is the case. I now have a lot of hesitation going forward, and don't know what I can and cannot believe from my recruiter. Hindsight, what you are saying makes perfect sense but, what good would it be for him to do all the work to submit a packet that didn't meet minimum requirements? I will take your advice and retake the OAR.