• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

43 NSS needed to get into Primary

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
If you're waiting in C-Pool you will be API complete and know what aircraft you will fly in Primary (unless something drastic happens). There are different survival requirements for the T-34 and the T-6 (ejection seat vs bailout, koch fittings vs unstrapping harness). At that point, you'll know what you're flying and can start studying. I would recommend getting ahold of a Natops and PCL. You can study systems (and everything else) in the Natops and use the PCL for Checklists and EP's. You don't need to sit through systems class to get a basic understanding of what "PCL-IDLE" or "Emergency fuel Shutoff handle-Pull" means. The sooner you can rattle that stuff off, the easier the firehose will be when they front load you with info.

I'm that guy.

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
Indeed you are "That Guy". I was talking Gucci T-6, sorry! :icon_smil We may even have a HUD by the time I get to RI's! (But I'm not holding my breath!);)

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Indeed you are "That Guy". I was talking Gucci T-6, sorry! :icon_smil We may even have a HUD by the time I get to RI's! (But I'm not holding my breath!);)

Ya, and the Phrog is getting an ILS.

KBayDog

They keep telling us that we're getting 'em. We'll see...

You probably don't think that the Phrog has HEFS, either. It does...yours doesn't.

Pepe, the Fleet Phrog is identical to the -164 Phrog, with the addition of ASE. There are non-Fleet Phrogs with some whiz-bang gear, but they are the exception, not the norm.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor

Is is broken? Or am I missing some sarcasm?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I get the feeling like they might not let some zero flight time marker sniffers use the gucci gear at first. I would be skeptical of the T-6 being a good primary trainer if the Air Force hadnt already shown its effectiveness.

On the original topic, I cease to be amazed at the number of mil aircraft without ILS. Oh wait that's not it....Studying before pri...dang what was this about again.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
API dosen't matter! pass your exams and get out and who gives a damn!!!

Woooo!!!

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
You probably don't think that the Phrog has HEFS, either. It does...yours doesn't.

Pepe, the Fleet Phrog is identical to the -164 Phrog, with the addition of ASE. There are non-Fleet Phrogs with some whiz-bang gear, but they are the exception, not the norm.

I don't think I believe you sir. Mostly because I don't believe there really is a "Fleet." I think it's just flight school after flight school. It's a never ending cycle...

KBayDog

I don't think I believe you sir. Mostly because I don't believe there really is a "Fleet." I think it's just flight school after flight school. It's a never ending cycle...

There most definitely is a Fleet.

Wait for it...

Fleet-Enema-Saline-Laxative,-4.5-Oz-547384-Enema-Saline-Laxative,-4.5-Oz-547384-Enema-Saline-Laxative,-4.5-Oz-547384-PRODUCT-MEDIUM_IMAGE.jpg

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
Is is broken? Or am I missing some sarcasm?

We can't use the HUD until later anyway (after we solo I believe, after C4405ish?? I'd have to look at the MPTS again), but the software for the HUD hasn't been brought up to speed in the planes yet.