• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

4 June 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

lthackston

So, why don't you just post your phone numbers too. And be sure to mention your room numbers at the hotel when you get them.

Come on guys, I don't know how much the DIs and other staff read these boards, but I know the Candios do. Just be careful of what you say. Using PMs between everyone is the best way to dole out this sort of info, not over the airwaves for everyone to see.

ae2wolfe

I really don't understand why it matters if we meet up the night before or if anyone knows that we are doing it???!!......Let the teamwork begin!.....lets PM details from here on out maybe they know something we don't.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
R_mojo1 said:
mtrushmore8579 this is what we can do... We can meet in my house (close to I-20 & 360) then drive to Lafayette, LA and meet with TTEASE77 and drive the rest of the way. I checked the price for a room in La Quinta inn, the price is around $62.00 for a room with two single beds. we can split the cost. This place is only two miles away from hotters where we plan to meet about 8PM ( if we all agree). Hooters is 13 miles from the base, we can drive together to the base on the 5th around 0900 and be at OCS no later than 0930.

I wouldn't show up until the last minute on your orders. No need to get up early on your last day of freedom.

R_mojo1

BDCP-CEC, OCS June 05, 05
I don't think the DI's and the Candidos have time to monitor every move we do. But if it makes you feel safer, lets PM from now on.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
Candi-Os have NOTHING to do but track you. You'll not understand this fully until you are one. Don't worry too much about it, they are not going to go meet you at the resturaunt.

barry04

i wouldnt worry about the di's and candios. your di is out bass fishing nearly every afternoon with his "brother" (you will meet both), and between everything you do wrong and screw up in your first week, there will be plenty for them to rag/rpt you for. just dont laugh.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
R_mojo1 said:
mtrushmore8579 this is what we can do... We can meet in my house (close to I-20 & 360) then drive to Lafayette, LA and meet with TTEASE77 and drive the rest of the way. I checked the price for a room in La Quinta inn, the price is around $62.00 for a room with two single beds. we can split the cost. This place is only two miles away from hotters (sic) where we plan to meet about 8PM ( if we all agree). Hooters is 13 miles from the base, we can drive together to the base on the 5th around 0900 and be at OCS no later than 0930.

BUM GOUGE ALERT BUM GOUGE ALERT

Showing up any earlier than you must will only get you some special attention. Back in the day, a bunch of us showed up during the last 1/2 hour and all went together, not a bad way to go; you don't get singled out as much. The guys/gals that show up early get that much more "one-on-one" time with the Indocing class.

Grassy

F-18F
Just popped into this thread and have a little info you might be interested in...

I was just there in January-February doing some training. If you're going to get a hotel room, you better get on it NOW. There are NO hotel rooms available. Everything is taken by construction workers and roofers. (from hurricane damage). I ended up staying in the Day's Inn downtown, which is the ghetto.

Have fun in OCS. I was class 05-97... I'd love to be back in OCS... no responsibilities, work out every day, and you just get yelled at a little bit. Good times.

R_mojo1

It took me a while to find a decent room. The rest of the hotels are expensive > $100 / night. I hope is not in the ghetto place you are talking about.

bulldogs

EARS 19-05!!!!!! :icon_rage

He is right the sad fact is Candi-Os have nothing better to do most of the time than get on the boards (6 hour watches the Indoc staff does alot of watches right now). So we see you at hooters at 2000 on the 4th or at 1000 on the 5th at penn air. One thing to let you know. If you are hurt you won't make it. see if you can change your orders. waiting at home is much better than here. :(

also you need to bring phone cards it will make the first week much better for you. Blankets are a must, it should be military looking. :icon_rage

Also get some sleep while you can. Can't wait to Indoc you. :icon_mi_1

R_mojo1

See you there...

Is it OK to bring a sleeping bag instead of a Military style blanket? I hate shaving with a regular razor :icon_rage can we use an electric razor during the indoc stage :confused:

bulldogs

well bring both razors in case the Class Drill Instructors don't want you to have it. A sleeping bag should be fine, I have seen many candidates use them here

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
Few words of advice. Sleep well the night before, you will not get a lot of sleep the first few nights. Don't show up too early on Sunday, 1030 would be about perfect.

Tuesday morning is PFT day. Know what you need to pass and make sure your counter knows what you need:) Do not fail, it'll cost you a few weeks.

Study your big three, you don't have to know it cold at the start but it'll just save you some trouble later.

Status
Not open for further replies.