• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
Hey guys retaking my ASTB tomorrow. Scored a 63 7/5/7 on the last one. I bought a stick and throttle like the one they give us for the test and have been practicing that a bit. I think that's what bombed my score last time. Any last minute advice y'all can share would be much appreciated.

Also, does anyone have any input on how age factors into the whole selection process? I'm pushing the upper limits and turning 30 in November.
Age shouldn't be a factor. Just make sure you know the UAV compass trick, practice Jantzen, and prioritize the listening during the PBM. The first time I took the test, the HOTAS was dogshit and I couldn't track the throttle, so make sure you get comfortable with the stick and throttle during the practice session.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Hey guys retaking my ASTB tomorrow. Scored a 63 7/5/7 on the last one. I bought a stick and throttle like the one they give us for the test and have been practicing that a bit. I think that's what bombed my score last time. Any last minute advice y'all can share would be much appreciated.

Also, does anyone have any input on how age factors into the whole selection process? I'm pushing the upper limits and turning 30 in November.
1) Take your time and READ ALL THE DIRECTIONS

2) Bring water and snacks

3) Meditate or take some deep breaths if you're feeling nervous

BDavis11

Contributor
Ive had to do the 3 dot test about 15 times since ive been in and had to do it for my flight physical.
Man the book for colorblind that I had to do was faded. I missed like two I had to look at 10 different ways to finally be able to see it. Had a different book later and was able to see clear as day

Scrandall

You can't waive DP, if your civilian ophthalmologist gives you a good to go letter then give that to your recruiter.
So, I went to clarify this with my recruiter this morning.
I said, "just so I am understanding correctly the waiver you were talking about getting is just an extension waiver for my medical stuff, right? and not a waiver for my actual depth perception?"
He responded "No, you will get a waiver for your depth perception"
definitely confused at the moment, is it possible he is submitting me for something else? I have been very clear that I only want SNA. but I was able to move my eye appointment up to tomorrow morning so won't need an extension anymore I guess.

exNavyOffRec

So, I went to clarify this with my recruiter this morning.
I said, "just so I am understanding correctly the waiver you were talking about getting is just an extension waiver for my medical stuff, right? and not a waiver for my actual depth perception?"
He responded "No, you will get a waiver for your depth perception"
definitely confused at the moment, is it possible he is submitting me for something else? I have been very clear that I only want SNA. but I was able to move my eye appointment up to tomorrow morning so won't need an extension anymore I guess.
Yeah, you can't waive DP, last thing anyone wants is a guy with no DP trying to land on a CVN.

Even extensions for submission rarely happen.

I would make sure that if you want SNA that SNFO is nowhere on your application.

AeawCP

I'm still waiting on my flag letter to come back but everything is ready to submit. My Admin Officer called down to CNAL and they said it's almost signed lol....just waiting

BDavis11

Contributor
I'm still waiting on my flag letter to come back but everything is ready to submit. My Admin Officer called down to CNAL and they said it's almost signed lol....just waiting
How long has cnal had it in their possession. I’m in the same boat but different situation.

abigail vytlas

OCS SNFO/AMDO
Smh don’t remind me
Right! I have two interviews on Tuesday and possibly a few more because I just decided to reach out to a former CO and now he asked a few NFOs to do interview me as well. More the merrier, as long as they all go well. But I got the go ahead from my Skipper to just stop by for his signature once everything is in and completed. Plan is to have his signature Thursday so I can scan and submit on Friday.

BDavis11

Contributor
Right! I have two interviews on Tuesday and possibly a few more because I just decided to reach out to a former CO and now he asked a few NFOs to do interview me as well. More the merrier, as long as they all go well. But I got the go ahead from my Skipper to just stop by for his signature once everything is in and completed. Plan is to have his signature Thursday so I can scan and submit on Friday.
Are you submitting ISPP?