• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

nefalexa

The consensus seems to be that the PFAR is the most important score, and that a 7 is where you start to be more competitive.
And that’s completely understandable, I might retake the exam in December if this time I’m told a no. I also heard that they pay attention to the motivational statement as much as scores because they want someone with a good head on their shoulders. Does that sound accurate?

maetpt

And that’s completely understandable, I might retake the exam in December if this time I’m told a no. I also heard that they pay attention to the motivational statement as much as scores because they want someone with a good head on their shoulders. Does that sound accurate?
According to what I read on here, it sounds like they really only care about the PFAR

BDavis11

Contributor
Question for active duty applicants, how do we find out any results (at board/pro-rec) if we don’t have recruiters? I know some priors were informed by their CO, but my CO is in Fort Worth (I’m in DC) and quite a challenge to reach.

Thanks you ☺️
Someone with juice will post the at board list and results here. Or someone’s recruiter gives them a copy. Usually your coc notifies you if BOL doesn’t have the results first.

villo0692

apparently there's been people whose motivational statement was a single sentence, since their PFAR as an 8-9

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
I'll say this, a really good motivational statement can't hurt you, but if you need your motivational statement to be a deciding factor in your package, you should just try to improve the PFAR

nefalexa

I'll say this, a really good motivational statement can't hurt you, but if you need your motivational statement to be a deciding factor in your package, you should just try to improve the PFAR
Thank you and to everyone responding . I will be retaking the exam. I'm curious from past boards, some people seem to have really high scores and good GPA's but did not get selected. Any idea why?

Aviation is unlike any other designator in that you take years (2-4) of the navys time and millions of the navys dollars just to train one sna/snfo. They want to see that you have aviation aptitude and the potential ability to fly a plane. Anything else is just a cherry on top but it wont solely get you selected. Judging by past spreadsheets ~7.5 is the average selection PFAR.