• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

WorldWar33.3

Two-a-days in high school football were brutal, but they worked out for us. I can't imagine how rough two-a-days will be for people learning how to fly a multi-million dollar aircraft. I would hope it's a rumor.

skb832

Two-a-days in high school football were brutal, but they worked out for us. I can't imagine how rough two-a-days will be for people learning how to fly a multi-million dollar aircraft. I would hope it's a rumor.
I wouldn’t read too much into it guys. He might’ve meant just for the classroom stuff. Or he might have not actually known what he was talking about. I think the main point is the navy is trying to keep things moving withou having to slow down selections too much. At least that’s the hope

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Personally don’t like the idea. I’m about to graduate from a college aviation program, take this with a grain of salt but I’ve seen it first hand. Personally I’ve done multiple lessons in a day and was capable of handling it all. I’ve also seen other students try to do multiple lessons in a day and come checkride day…well use your imagination. A wise quote from the best instructor I’ve flown with “quality of training over quantity”.
Military is not the civilian world… Designed to weed out the weak.

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Besides, most of us are so far away from this being our reality anyway. Couple of months to selection and then the at least a year wait to go to OCS. I'd just focus on what is in front of us and hope that they don't decide to just pull out the spade and stop selecting altogether temporarily.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Besides, most of us are so far away from this being our reality anyway. Couple of months to selection and then the at least a year wait to go to OCS. I'd just focus on what is in front of us and hope that they don't decide to just pull out the spade and stop selecting altogether temporarily.
They did pause selections after this board until May 2023 per my recruiter

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
No it’s not. Intel had this problem years ago and they paused them for a 1.5 years
And that's exactly what I'm hoping we can avoid. You think the selection process is competitive now? Just wait until its full of people waiting a year+ to have their shot.