• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Furnace01

Applying SNA 31Oct2022
I was scheduled to go to MEPS for a post Lasik checkup on Friday, then my OR called me to tell me he found out I've been working with the Marines.

"You might as well keep working with them... Honestly man, you're not competitive for the Navy. I doubt you'll get selected."

He says he would still work with me, but needs to wait for the liaisons to move files. What a guy.
Never stop man, don't give up. I would say keep going with the Marines if you're already so close, but ALWAYS make them tell you no.

WorldWar33.3

Huh? I know OR's arent necessarily in the business of getting warm bodies at all costs but that is a very odd thing for a recruiter to say.
That's what I thought. He definitely wasn't very thrilled that I didn't go out of my way to tell him that I'm applying to the Marines. He said "that's fishy!"

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
That's what I thought. He definitely wasn't very thrilled that I didn't go out of my way to tell him that I'm applying to the Marines. He said "that's fishy!"
Fishy? You're a guy that wants to serve his country as an officer and isn't hung up on only one branch. I guess I can understand him being offended but c'mon man.

WorldWar33.3

Fishy? You're a guy that wants to serve his country as an officer and isn't hung up on only one branch. I guess I can understand him being offended but c'mon man.
Exactly. Honestly, his reaction was pretty childish. I didn't expect that from someone with over 15 years in the Navy.

I could be wrong though lol.

Upwardbound

I was scheduled to go to MEPS for a post Lasik checkup on Friday, then my OR called me to tell me he found out I've been working with the Marines.

"You might as well keep working with them... Honestly man, you're not competitive for the Navy. I doubt you'll get selected."

He says he would still work with me, but needs to wait for the liaisons to move files. What a guy.
dude my recruiter is the same way with me and the Marines. he tells me things like "well I don't know why we are helping you retake the ASTB, why so you can join the Marines?" this is in regards to me asking for help to schedule the ASTB. I had to schedule it myself and fly down to Seattle on my own dime to retake it. dude had the audacity to act cool to me after I got decent scores and told me "I might as well apply for intelligence, im smart, they are looking for intelligence guys like me why do i want to be a pilot jockey anyway" and more BS along those lines..,

WorldWar33.3

dude my recruiter is the same way with me and the Marines. he tells me things like "well I don't know why we are helping you retake the ASTB, why so you can join the Marines?" this is in regards to me asking for help to schedule the ASTB. I had to schedule it myself and fly down to Seattle on my own dime to retake it. dude had the audacity to act cool to me after I got decent scores and told me "I might as well apply for intelligence, im smart, they are looking for intelligence guys like me why do i want to be a pilot jockey anyway" and more BS along those lines..,
That's really lame dude. On one hand, I can empathize because they have to do a whole lot of work and they possibly won't have it their way.

But as our favorite OR, exNavyOffRec, once said:
"If you were applying for Apple would you let them know that you also applied for Microsoft? you wouldn't would you, same rules apply"

I followed those same rules the same way that I followed them in my professional career. I guess it's different after you go to MEPS.

nefalexa

My recruiter said it’s ok for me to apply to other branches at the same time. It’s also not ok for him to be discouraging you instead of giving you advice on how to become more competitive. Find someone else

WorldWar33.3

My recruiter said it’s ok for me to apply to other branches at the same time. It’s also not ok for him to be discouraging you instead of giving you advice on how to become more competitive. Find someone else
Well, if I go to another recruiter, my current one will need to give him/her a review on me. I don't think he'll put me in a fantastic light, and I don't think the new OR would be really thrilled about me either if I go that route. Honestly, I wouldn't be thrilled either. My OR seemed to chill out once I explained the situation, but he had to complain for a few minutes and get it out of his system. I still have backup plans if nothing works out, so I'm not worried one bit.

OptionsDollaraire

Got a 48 6/8/7 on my 2nd ASTB take today! Would've liked maybe a 7 AQR and a little higher OAR but its a big score increase across the board and I'll be sticking with this score. Very happy with it.
Could you walk me through your test? Did you get all the math problems correct? UAV questions? Dichotic listening? How did you feel you did on the tracking? ANIT questions?

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Could you walk me through your test? Did you get all the math problems correct? UAV questions? Dichotic listening? How did you feel you did on the tracking? ANIT questions?
Sure! So math I ended up finishing it with about 15 minutes left on the clock. Felt like I did pretty well. Got a lot of geometry and probability questions of varying difficulty. Reading I have no clue but by the end it was word soup so probably a good sign. Mechanical comprehension I got almost exclusively Newtonian force questions and pressures which as an engineering student I think I did okay on. UAV I got all of them right except for one where I got too much in a rhythm which snapped me out of that and refocused me. Dichotic to my knowledge I didn't miss any and the PBM I absolutely crushed thanks to our lord and savior, Jantzen. ANIT is where I definitely could've done better. I got a ton of questions on radio communications stuff as well as weather stuff. Both of which are a weak area of mine but everything else I was able to answer confidently. Ultimately I think my struggles on the ANIT influenced my 6 AQR the most.

exNavyOffRec

What a jerk! There isn't anything wrong with telling someone the truth, in fact I told many people they weren't competitive but they would be doing most of the work so it they wanted to submit I would help them submit.

I also didn't care if someone said they were also applying to other services for one reason, I knew I was a damn good recruiter and if they were selected by a USN board they were going USN.

In my entire recruiting time I lost exactly 0 to other services, and I lost only 1 who declined after selection and that was actually a good thing, technically it was 2 but the 1 changed his mind and I was able to turn the selection back on.