• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Besides, most of us are so far away from this being our reality anyway. Couple of months to selection and then the at least a year wait to go to OCS. I'd just focus on what is in front of us and hope that they don't decide to just pull out the spade and stop selecting altogether temporarily.
They did pause selections after this board until May 2023 per my recruiter

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
No it’s not. Intel had this problem years ago and they paused them for a 1.5 years
And that's exactly what I'm hoping we can avoid. You think the selection process is competitive now? Just wait until its full of people waiting a year+ to have their shot.

exNavyOffRec

I might have missed this somewhere in this thread but has anyone heard any whispers about how many people they plan on taking this time around? My recruiters office told me that they are starting "two-a-days" in flight school to get the bottle neck sorted out.
That does not affect selection numbers, the flight school backlog and the number of spots they have to give are 2 independent things.

exNavyOffRec

I’ve been told they’ll take more than average with it being the first board for the new fiscal year, and since they have closed boards until next May. I was told they take more people on the first board for the new fiscal year I guess this board is it.
Not accurate at all.

exNavyOffRec

No it’s not. Intel had this problem years ago and they paused them for a 1.5 years
It was SWO that had the long pause, NRC had to give age waivers for several people as they aged out waiting to go, this was when NRC never gave waivers. There have been other short pauses but that was the big one. The same basic issues that caused it were what caused this one, and of course 2 different people in charge and 2 different ways of dealing with it.

There were also designators that for a short time went AD only to fix a few issues.