• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

cjwinton01

SNA Applicant
My original recruiter told me to go to AW when I asked him for study advice so some of them definitely read the forums or are at least aware of it.

I’m just trying to remember this is out of my control at this point. Honestly with the pressure on my family I feel pretty desperate for this to work out so I can provide what they need and that’s making me feel rather selfish for only applying SNA and leaving out SNFO. I would totally take SNFO if offered, I just want to be a pilot so badly that I wanted to avoid getting SNFO when I could’ve gotten SNA instead.
go for what you want man that’s why I’m only applying for SNA. Not interested in NFO.

extraschmedium

My original recruiter told me to go to AW when I asked him for study advice so some of them definitely read the forums or are at least aware of it.

I’m just trying to remember this is out of my control at this point. Honestly with the pressure on my family I feel pretty desperate for this to work out so I can provide what they need and that’s making me feel rather selfish for only applying SNA and leaving out SNFO. I would totally take SNFO if offered, I just want to be a pilot so badly that I wanted to avoid getting SNFO when I could’ve gotten SNA instead.
Don't feel bad. It's important for you to like your job at the end of every day when you get home to your family. You'll be a better father than if you were a SNFO and not where you wanted to be.

BDavis11

Contributor

Hold the line brother. Everything is going to work itself out. I feel your pain

BDavis11

Contributor

Hold the line brother. Everything is going to work itself out. I feel your pain

cjwinton01

SNA Applicant
is the air force having these 1-2 year backup issues? I’m asking because at this point I think it might be a good idea to apply for the next air force pilot board. They would be selecting for 2024 from the next board but at this point even if we get prorec y it still might be a quicker way to wings. Anyone having the same thoughts?

BDavis11

Contributor
is the air force having these 1-2 year backup issues? I’m asking because at this point I think it might be a good idea to apply for the next air force pilot board. They would be selecting for 2024 from the next board but at this point even if we get prorec y it still might be a quicker way to wings. Anyone having the same thoughts?
Scrolling through this site over the past two years, it seems like their boards get cancelled more often. Doesn't hurt to give yourself options.

BDavis11

Contributor
Hmmm hear me out folks. What if our board rumor of it getting pushed to the left by a few days or a week ( i don't remember what the person said), that would mean an at- board list coming out next week. Have all AD folks here got confirmation that they made it to the board and are all PQ medically? Furthermore, and correct me if I'm on the wrong path here @exNavyOffRec, but with SNA's being put on hold and not given dates, wouldn't that mean that we would get the board results relatively sooner due to the fact NRC doesn't necessarily have to give people dates?

schen0222

I was very far into the Air Force application before applying to Navy, mostly due to the boards being canceled multiple times. I think it is a bit harder to get a pilot slot in the Air Force generally, DM me if you have any questions.

ChandosT

Prior AME. SNA Board Applicant
Air Force really tries to get their academy grads and ROTC grads pilot slot preference. Super competitive to get in this way and you gotta be like a perfect applicant. Worth a shot though.

JpQuist

Hmmm hear me out folks. What if our board rumor of it getting pushed to the left by a few days or a week ( i don't remember what the person said), that would mean an at- board list coming out next week. Have all AD folks here got confirmation that they made it to the board and are all PQ medically? Furthermore, and correct me if I'm on the wrong path here @exNavyOffRec, but with SNA's being put on hold and not given dates, wouldn't that mean that we would get the board results relatively sooner due to the fact NRC doesn't necessarily have to give people dates?
Exactly what I was thinking. I feel like our board results are in a grey area. I think we could either get them early due to basically all the dates potentially being stamped FY24, but I could also see it take even longer to get the results due to the upcoming holidays if they would have any effect on the timeline. I guess time will tell…

Storm27324

ProRec Y - SNA
I got my PQ in a week after submission due date (AD) and a letter stating my package was submitted for this board. If you know where to look for the At Board list I can look and see. If I have access that is. OCM only said that the board convene date (31OCT) shifted to sometime next week. He did not specify what day, just ensured that it wasn't canceled.

FloridaDad

I got my PQ in a week after submission due date (AD) and a letter stating my package was submitted for this board. If you know where to look for the At Board list I can look and see. If I have access that is. OCM only said that the board convene date (31OCT) shifted to sometime next week. He did not specify what day, just ensured that it wasn't canceled.
They probably realized it was Halloween and somebody wanted to go trick or treating with their kids. Which is totally reasonable in my opinion I was surprised they originally scheduled it that day to begin with.

BDavis11

Contributor
Mine took a little over a month.