• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31July2023 SNA/SNFO Board

gtownjake

I'm curious if still being in school affects selection since the program authorization specifically states that they'll only accept age waivers.
Does anybody might any chance have a waiver example to apply when you will finish your bachelors after the due date. Thank you
I remembered I asked my recruiter about this awhile back so I looked. According to him, if you are still in school that is NOT a waiver, and your package is processed normally.

exNavyOffRec

I'm curious if still being in school affects selection since the program authorization specifically states that they'll only accept age waivers.

That would be a little scummy of them to tell us we can apply 12 months out and then reject all in-school applicants, so I hope that's not the case.
Who is applying determines the answer to these questions.

A person who is AD USN is supposed to have a degree "in-hand" prior to submission, there are times that a person who will complete the degree after submission but prior to board meeting will be allowed to go to board, but this IS NOT the norm and can change when the director changes.

A person who is not AD USN can apply prior to graduation with a degree completion plan, in the past the rule was within 6 months, then it went to 12 months and then seemed to be slipping back to 6 months which might be due to BDCP being back.

UpdateNFAAS

PRO REC Y SNFO
Contributor
Who is applying determines the answer to these questions.

A person who is AD USN is supposed to have a degree "in-hand" prior to submission, there are times that a person who will complete the degree after submission but prior to board meeting will be allowed to go to board, but this IS NOT the norm and can change when the director changes.

A person who is not AD USN can apply prior to graduation with a degree completion plan, in the past the rule was within 6 months, then it went to 12 months and then seemed to be slipping back to 6 months which might be due to BDCP being back.
Interesting and insightful, an AD guy I know was selected SWO with a degree completion plan and degree waiver. I just figured it was because SWO allowed it in the PA.

exNavyOffRec

This is my 4th time applying for NFO, I hope I get a yes this time. I just got a DNR for the supply board so it’s not looking to optimistic.

Bro I have a 50 OAR and 2 O-6 interviews… I think it’s my NJP from six years ago
I have seen others with NJP's picked up for designators, however Supply is extra picky as they can be. The NJP and the age could have sealed it, if you were over 8 years that could have also done it.

Those with waivers have a harder time getting picked up as they only accept those with waivers in limited numbers.

Prox

SNA Pro-Rec Y
My OR wanted a LOR from my boss and I work at a very well know institution in Finance, and layoffs are always happening in my space so I was pretty uneasy about telling my boss but he was all for it and I never new he was in the Coast Guard so that was a plus. No foreseeable layoff for me and he’s also putting me up for promotion this month! Also the SEC is always on our ass about any outside documentation but it cleared no problem.
I fully understand the whole not telling your workplace thing, but just want to add that as part of the background investigation, they sent letters to both my boss and HR dept to verify my employment and both clearly stated that they were for a military application. Luckily my boss is cool and has been onboard the whole time with me for the Navy thing.

WaterDawg

I fully understand the whole not telling your workplace thing, but just want to add that as part of the background investigation, they sent letters to both my boss and HR dept to verify my employment and both clearly stated that they were for a military application. Luckily my boss is cool and has been onboard the whole time with me for the Navy thing.
They
were these sent out already? I haven’t told my boss so I’m sure he’s keeping it to himself lol

were these sent out already? I haven’t told my boss so I’m sure he’s keeping it to himself lol
They send them after you sign the release in your SF86 and the SSO submits to DCAS. If you haven’t yet signed an SF86, no. If you have then they will send them out once your case is assigned an investigator.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA

Yeah mine went out years ago, I had one person reach out and ask me what it was but at the time I was in school unemployed so they probably went to previous employers. I assume another batch would probably go out for it soon

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Anyone into CFB??? Saw a few SC fans in here, funny fact I’m from AZ and grew up with your QB Spencer Rattler lol. I hang out with him when he comes home for the summer!

Biff42

For those of you who applied for the May board and made it to this board, do you use the same package?

Trying to come up with a plan if I don't make the cut for this board to apply in November

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
For those of you who applied for the May board and made it to this board, do you use the same package?

Trying to come up with a plan if I don't make the cut for this board to apply in November

I’m pretty sure you are supposed to add a major improvement if not multiple improvements to have your kit looked at if reapplying within 6 months.

Teshauna

I applied to the October board and the may board. Selected for may. I changed my personal statement, added a COM, endorsed by my first flag, updated my PRT, added CNATT/NATTC JIOY, and added an EP Eval. AD btw. A lot of significant changes which I’m sure aided in my flag endorsement.

gtownjake

I was on May and now this board. GPA improvement, closer to graduation, added LOR, more flight hours, revised statement, etc. Basically everything I could change outside my ASTB was changed.

If I need to go for the Nov/Dec board, I will likely need to retake the ASTB but I don't know since I graduate in December.