• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

30 July 2005

cracker

Let the fun times roll!
mbergem - good to hear from you again.

As for my running, I stopped for the past month or so to heal from shin splints. Instead, I've been swimming or stair stepping... I'm most worried about running at OCS. I do not want to get shin splints there. Hopefully, the muscles (or whatever causes shin splints) will be strong enough not to cause me problems there.

Anyway, good luck and see you soon...

levibro

I have been trying to stay in shape as well. I have been doing push-ups and sit-ups almost everyday and running 2 to 3 times a week.

Cracker, sorry to hear about you shin splints. I know those can be painful. A good way to help prevent them is to do toe taps. You can do these while sitting at a chair with you feet flat on the ground and raising your toes up while keeping you heels on the ground. These helped me a few years ago. I would do them during class or when I was just sitting around.

cracker

Let the fun times roll!
levibro,

Thanks for the advice. I ran today for the first time in about 6 weeks. Ughhh, it's amazing how fast one can get out of shape. At least my shins feel back to normal and hopefully I won't get them again. But, I'll do toe taps whenever I can.

Happy holidays!

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Wow, the time is ticking rather fast. As far as working out a lot... I'm not doing anything to extraordinary. Just running a few times a week, with pushups and situps thrown in. I have a gym class next semester running 10k 2x a week... that should help. Mainly I'm just trying to enjoy what little college I have. I figure I'll PT really hard in the 2 months of summer I have off before OCS.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Hey guys...

How's everything going? Less than 6months until we're at OCS.

I would like to get a database of people in our class running so we can possibly set up a meeting before OCS starts and make any other arrangements (such as rides). If you guys PM or Email me with your Name, Address, EMail, AIM? and how you're getting to PCola, I'll get something together for everyone. And if you know people not on this site that are going to be in OCS w/ us, ask them to do the same.

paskez2

Hey what's up everyone,

Just got my new OCS date. I was originally scheduled for April 9th but due to too many pilots in the system I'm now headed out with you fine gentlemen.

VetteMuscle427 I'm sending you my personal info. We should all definitely get together before OCS starts. Also I'll also be driving down from Boston. If anyone needs a ride either from Boston or any place between Boston and PCola let me know.

Jason

cracker

Let the fun times roll!
It's time to wake this sleeping thread up again :sleep_125

Hope all of you are doing well. We only have 4 months left to wait, prepare, get sufficient sleep, etc. I look forward to meeting you there under such fine circumstances...

cracker

Let the fun times roll!
Vette,

I understand you like to jump out of planes. Although I have no desire to make a jump, my wife tells me frequently she really, really wants to jump. Do you take newbies on their first jump?

Charles9t4

NUPOC 30 July OCS
Hey guys just found this forum today. My date is also 30 July, however I am a sub guy. So far my run time is the only thing to worry about my 1.5 mi is about 11:30. Other than that Ihave been lifting and into bodybuilding for the last 4 years so all this extra weight might prove to be some trouble.

In an earlier post someone mentioned about metting up. I am all for that I live in TN so I am sure that I am on the way for most of you guys out west. just shoot me a pm

Splash

Hello all. I just thought I would say hi to my soon to be class mates. I got selected for NUPOC and will be in the June 25 class, OCS class 20-05.

I am enlisted in the Navy right now and have 9 and 1/2 years in. So if any of you have any Navular questions before we go, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I'm a Submariner and spent 4 years on a Boomer out of Bangor WA.

I definitely would be interested in getting together with as many people down in Pensecola before our class up date.

Mworrell22

Before you go:
1. Get in the habit of drinking lots of water.
2. Try to memorize some of the big four or three (As you can tell they are not that important after OCS, I've already forgot them)
3. Get in shape; you don't want to go med down in OCS for shin splints or failing a PFT
It's no fun in GTX.
While Your there.
1. Stretch at night and GO TO SLEEP. The only time you should stay up is before an inspection.
2. Do sit-ups and push-ups at night before bed.
3. Relax and enjoy it, it's only thirteen weeks. The classes are not hard just put in a little effort and you'll do fine.
4. The first week is nothing like the next twelve.

Good Luck

lthackston

mworrell said:
Before you go:
1. Get in the habit of drinking lots of water.
2. Try to memorize some of the big four or three (As you can tell they are not that important after OCS, I've already forgot them)
3. Get in shape; you don't want to go med down in OCS for shin splints or failing a PFT
It's no fun in GTX.
While Your there.
1. Stretch at night and GO TO SLEEP. The only time you should stay up is before an inspection.
2. Do sit-ups and push-ups at night before bed.
3. Relax and enjoy it, it's only thirteen weeks. The classes are not hard just put in a little effort and you'll do fine.
4. The first week is nothing like the next twelve.

Good Luck

And FYI, since we've gone through, OCS is now only 12 weeks long, but I'm sure all of you going already know that from your information packages and orders. Otherwise, do just what mworrell said. Stretching is good. Sleep is better and if water isn't your friend now, it soon will be.

Charles9t4

NUPOC 30 July OCS
Hey everybody. How is the progress coming? I am making good progress and studying up on the Big 4. I am going to my bachelor party tonight in Tunica so that will probably set me a week back lol.

Oh yeah and Happy Armed forces day.