• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

30 July 2005

mbergem

Final Select Crypto, OCS 30 JUL 2005
I know it is a long way off but anyone else have this date? So far I have found one other person on the usnavyocs site. We are both Crypto.

levibro

Hey, I have that date too. I was final seclet for SNA about a month ago. What are you doing now to prepare for OCS?

mbergem

As for OCS prep, I am just working out ( I really need to work on my pushups!)

I did sign up for a mentor, not sure how that will help. Dunno, hard to get really motivated as a year is a long way off!

So, Shawnee, KS? I used to live in Prairie Village. How is life out there?

cracker

Let the fun times roll!
Hey, I'm the other Crypto guy mbergem mentioned from the usnavyocs site. Eleven months and counting! I suppose that OCS will come and go before we know it. levibro, pardon me for my ignorance, but what does the SNA designator stand for?

Things I'm doing to prepare for OCS: my PT needs work all around, yelling (but not at my wife), and slowly starting to memorize the Big 4.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
You need to work on your yelling? Why torture yourself with trying to work on yelling? You're going to get a soar throat...period. There's not really much you can do about it. Just try to stay healthy and not get a cold before you get there. Don't worry, you won't be missing out because you can count on getting a cold within a week of showing up.

levibro

Hey, cracker thanks for reminding us about the time we have left to prepare. SNA stands for Student Naval Aviator. What have you been doing for PT? I have just been running some and doing push-ups.

cracker

Let the fun times roll!
I'm still alive and waiting as patiently as I can for July 30th to come. I swore in on October 1st. Other than that, I'm working out whenever I can motivate myself to do so. My running program attempts to follow the recommended routine on the OCS site. Currently I'm at the running 2.5 miles in 23 minutes stage. I'm also doing sets of push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, and dips a couple times a week. My goal is to keep up with you youngsters once we get to OCS :)

Later

cracker

Let the fun times roll!
What is it about engineering that sucks? Do you have any idea what type of engineering they cover?

cracker

Let the fun times roll!
o.k. I'm trying to resurrect this thread again...

I'm thinking about participating with the local colleges NROTC for some activities next semester, to get my feet wet to Navy culture, so to speak. Is that a good idea or not?

Vette, are you getting anxious or what?

mbergem

Well, since Cracker is valiantly trying to keep this thread alive, I thought I would send out a quick, "Hello." I just started getting back into shape...wow your body suffers from 3 mos of eating donuts, drinking beer, and watching TV! (not all at once!) :) Right now I am running 3mi 3 times a week and working hard on my pushups. My push-ups are my only really weak area (no pun intended). If I can arrive at OCS able to do 55 or so, I will be happy with that. I just started going over the BIG FOUR too. 7 months and counting....

Looking forward to seeing you all there!