• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

29 Sept 2007

quid.non

hmm...
xmid and cdrsniper... I would be glad to get a car pool going up from atlanta. I was thinking leave the 27th. PM me and we can get details knocked out.

C

quid.non

hmm...
Lt. VAlle is our class officer and I dont know on the Gunnery Sgt. or the Master Chief. The rest I believe are on the OCS website and various other relevant sites.

C

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
The more permanent people in your chain of command are listed online (somewhere on the OCS website) and the more direct ones, you will learn when you get there (and learn them quickly). I would recommend just memorizing the titles for now. The big 4 are good to know beforehand, but don't sweat it too much. You WILL know them. I promise...

red1323

Don't base anything on the graduation date on your orders. Make no plans right after your graduation. I started in class 19 in Pensacola, and due to several things completely out of my control, I now have to finish up/start over up in Newport.

... it is highly common for 30%-60% of the people that start off in a class to graduate in a later class...

That 30-60% don't graduate with their class is true but don't let this scare you. The VAST majority of people who rolled out of my class either came in unprepared (In PFA failure), did something STUPID (posted on AW that they were going to sandbag the In PFA) or had a shitty attitude (If you suck at putting others needs before your own, you're gonna have a bad time).

Some people, like Godspeed, get seriously sick or injured by no fault of their own and it is just bad luck. Know that you are going to get sick at OCS; suck it up if you can, if not, it's OK to roll, take some time to get healthy and try again as long as you don't fall into the fat lazy H-er mentality. That being said, there are usually several quality people in the H class who are a valuable resource. Good luck to all of you.

PS, there have been some other threads with females asking for a female POV on OCS. As has been stated here before 98% of being a successful OCS grad is not expecting special treatment. The other 2% are issues that are gender specific and I'll be happy to give anyone who PMs me my $0.02 on what life is like for the "fairer sex" at OCS.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Well said red.

A bit more about H: if you roll, it's not the end of the world, but many get caught up in the black-hole of H class. They go to medical for the slightest thing and go med down and take it easy when they should be preparing to class up. Bottom line is yes, go to medical if the condition warrants it. For minor aches, pains and sickness, push through it. It doesn't stop, candidates!:)

Dek

Hey I just got on this site after a buddy recommended it as a great resource. I'm in this class as an Intel select, any chance this class is going to meet up before we have to report? I'm driving down from Boston so I should be there the 28th.

TheBear82

So we can report between 1100 Sept. 29 and 1200 Sept. 30th. Is anyone actually going to show up on Saturday the 29th? Is there any benefit? I don't see the point in getting there any earlier and giving them the opprotunity to screw with you.

Thoughts?

nukumall

My orders say 28th at 1200 to 29th at 1100. I would love to show up on the 30th, but my orders dont say that. Ya, where are we all going to meet on the 28th? What hotel are you all staying in? My home email is jean@nukumall.com Please let me know...

xmid

pilot
Contributor
You might want to call your NRD about your orders. If yours say 28th through 1100 on the 29th you're gonna be checking in a full day earlier than most people.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I would, but I think I am going to visit a couple friends on the drive up, so if I did I would probably only be with you guys for part of the way. I think I'm going to leave Friday morning.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I plan on checking in Sunday morning, but I'll be in Newport on Saturday.