• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

28 MARCH 2021 OCS Class

ahansen

Hey all- congrats on your selection! I'm waiting for my board but will likely find out mid May if I'm selected. How long did you guys have to wait from notification of selection to notification of OCS date/ OCS date itself? My recruiter said after selection it's likely 3-5mo until I would ship out, but could be as early as a week. Trying to find an average, but not quite sure how the OCS dates are chosen for candidates. Any input is appreciated!

SPottenger

I submitted my packet in early June 2020, was notified of selection in mid Sept 2020. At the time I was told I'd likely leave in January, but that quickly turned into "not sure, but maybe March or April with as little as a week's notice."

I was notified of my final ship date in late Feb, and had almost 3 weeks notice before I have to get on a plane to OCS.

Hope that helps.

Hey all- congrats on your selection! I'm waiting for my board but will likely find out mid May if I'm selected. How long did you guys have to wait from notification of selection to notification of OCS date/ OCS date itself? My recruiter said after selection it's likely 3-5mo until I would ship out, but could be as early as a week. Trying to find an average, but not quite sure how the OCS dates are chosen for candidates. Any input is appreciated!

TwinOtter125

Welcome! From what I’ve gathered (I’m also pretty new on here) everyone’s experience has been different.

I was notified of selection in September of 2020, and was just recently given a ship date a few days ago. Some folks have gotten them much quicker, and some are still waiting it seems like.

Just hang in there and keep in touch with your recruiter, that seemed to work for me. Good luck!!

ahansen

I submitted my packet in early June 2020, was notified of selection in mid Sept 2020. At the time I was told I'd likely leave in January, but that quickly turned into "not sure, but maybe March or April with as little as a week's notice."

I was notified of my final ship date in late Feb, and had almost 3 weeks notice before I have to get on a plane to OCS.

Hope that helps.
Thanks! That helps a ton. I know everyone’s experience will be different and I won’t know til I know but I’m making some moves beforehand so seeing people waiting 6 mo to ship helps me plan. I appreciate it!

tinah.winah

A bit late here. I'm one of the lucky ones that got the last spot for OCS. Just received my FINSEL letter today and excited to meet you guys in OCS!

Airport Taxi

Need a ride from TF Green Airport with base access...call 401.480.6879...cash or card accepted...receipts for reimbursement...20 years providing service