• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27JAN20 SNA/SNFO(Pilot/NFO)

NVRDNK

Hey everyone, I will be submitting for this board. Wish I did a little bit better on my PFAR but I'm going to roll with it. Good luck to everyone.

Applying For: SNA Only
OAR: 57
AQR: 7
PFAR: 6
FOFAR: 7
Degree: BS Business - Supply Chain Management & Analytics
GPA: 3.3
LORS: O-5 Army, O-5 Air Force, O-3 Army, College Professor, Current Employer
Prior Service: Yes - Army
If it makes you feel any better I just got a PROREC Y for SNA with those exact scores

ndraper728

So I got picked up for SNA on the last board although my recruiter put in an NFO application For this board does anybody know if I will still be at this board although I was picked up last go around? SNA was my first choice but if Something were to happen in my physical that would prevent me from becoming a pilot I would like to be able to fall back in NFO

Thanos

Actually, it did make me feel better. Then I saw you 3.81 GPA in Mechanical Engineering! Congrats and good luck at OCS.

You have the advantage of being prior service though! We have roughly similar ASTB scores and GPAs, but I’m just a civilian noob. When I’m not conquering planets to find the infinity stones, that is.
I think you got a good shot! Hopefully we’re both accepted, fingers crossed

ksunjke

Hey everyone Im getting ready to submit for this board next week (gotta finish medical). I was studying Aerospace Technology / Control Systems of Aircraft for 3 years (GPA around 2.90) then moved to the US and finished my B.S. in Electronic Engineering Technology (GPA 3.76).
27 y.o. ASTB: 52 7/7/8
Fluent in 3 languages
Applying for NA

Tgonzo29

I'm still only applying for only SNA this time around if I don't get selected this time im going to regroup take some time and try to go for SNA SWO and NFO for my last hoorah to get in. I really don't have an interest in the civilian sector it has always seemed so dull to me.

there are some very cool civilian flying jobs that do contract work for the military that pay very well.... awesome flying to boot

Turtle5403

You have the advantage of being prior service though! We have roughly similar ASTB scores and GPAs, but I’m just a civilian noob. When I’m not conquering planets to find the infinity stones, that is.
I think you got a good shot! Hopefully we’re both accepted, fingers crossed

Good luck! It would be great to go through OCS together!

If it makes you feel any better, it seems like GPA isn't THAT big of a factor, as there is no listed GPA min on the PA.

You know what they say... "2.5 and vibe"

I'm hoping my 3.3 will be adequate but we shall see! Making sure the rest of my packet is tight before it goes before the board! Good luck to you at OCS and congratulations on getting a PROREC-Y

Sjohnny15

Does anybody know the instruction for the CO recommendation letter? My previous CO wrote the letter but I didn’t make the board deadline in October because of medical. Since then, we have had a change of command so I have a new CO. Will I have to get the new CO to write one? I tried email the OCSquestions email but never got a response.

Thanos

there are some very cool civilian flying jobs that do contract work for the military that pay very well.... awesome flying to boot

Do you know the names of some of those jobs? My second choice is NUPOC subs, but I’d like to keep an open mind. A Vice Admiral I had the pleasure to meet one time reminded me that there’s multiple ways to serve besides the uniform. Just curious

eagles63ol

Figured I'd jump in on this. Missed the last board by a hair because of medical waivers. But I've gotten my waiver and packet is submitted.

ASTB 51 6/8/7
G.P.A. 3.34 Criminal Justice
SNA

alezale

Might as well add more statistics

Applying For: SNA/NFO
ASTB: 54 6/7/8
College: UC Davis, BS Wildife, Fish, and Conservation Biology
GPA 2.76
Prior Service: N
I do have a medical waiver.

Last edited:

alezale

Here is a google doc to compile our statistics.
Feel free to add your statistics. When I have time, I'll start adding people who have posted, so double check that you haven't been added.
I'd like to thank @swmonroe88 for letting me use their format!