• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 MAR 2022 OCS CLASS

M.Guthrie

Howdy ya'll. I've been selected to go to OCS in this class. Happy to find a forum and facebook group to join for it.

Sex: Male
Civilian
Designator: Information professional. Or 182X, I think.

My biggest concern right now is that I can only pass the PRT for the run, and my pushups and planks are way behind. I'm talking 20 pushups and 1:10 plank. I'm going to the gym daily and doing those two exercises at home, but I'm still worried. Is two months enough time to get my pushups and planks in order? What's going to happen if I can't get them high enough?

Michael_J_Caboose

Baby Intel O
Howdy ya'll. I've been selected to go to OCS in this class. Happy to find a forum and facebook group to join for it.

Sex: Male
Civilian
Designator: Information professional. Or 182X, I think.

My biggest concern right now is that I can only pass the PRT for the run, and my pushups and planks are way behind. I'm talking 20 pushups and 1:10 plank. I'm going to the gym daily and doing those two exercises at home, but I'm still worried. Is two months enough time to get my pushups and planks in order? What's going to happen if I can't get them
Two months is plenty of time. Check out these two programs:

I used both and went from low 40s to 60 before OCS

M.Guthrie

Two months is plenty of time. Check out these two programs:

I used both and went from low 40s to 60 before OCSI

I really appreciate the reassurance. I'll take a look at both of those programs you linked. When I signed my original enlisted contract I could only do ten pushups, so I've made progress but anxiety is never satisfied haha.

Michael_J_Caboose

Baby Intel O
I did more than the recommended pushups. I would do a set in the morning and repeat in the afternoon (same with planks). The last two weeks or so I did what's called "greasing the groove." You will loose pushups on your IST, so make sure you can do your minimum on a lack of sleep and bad food.