• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 MAR 2022 OCS CLASS

Nii Ayitey

Can confirm.. I just graduated earlier this month and the biggest advantage to having a car is you can store things/pack earlier. Keep in mind that contraband rules still apply even at your car. During the winter months we were able to start our cars every 2 weeks but some of the people in the summer never got to go to their cars. It's highly dependent on the class team. The only time we were authorized to drive was to move cars a few nights before graduation closer to the barracks for packing up.
Thank you for the confirmation. What will be your advise to us considering you just graduated. The Do's and Don'ts.

xjoellemae

ENS - SWO
Can confirm.. I just graduated earlier this month and the biggest advantage to having a car is you can store things/pack earlier. Keep in mind that contraband rules still apply even at your car. During the winter months we were able to start our cars every 2 weeks but some of the people in the summer never got to go to their cars. It's highly dependent on the class team. The only time we were authorized to drive was to move cars a few nights before graduation closer to the barracks for packing up.
The gouge master!

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Surviving OCS. I've heard the first 3 weeks is the most intense.

1: stretch every night- I don't care how old you are, you will get sore. Stretching is a fantastic way to prevent injuries. Nimitz has yoga mats and foam rollers (they aren't in great shape, but better than nothing). They also have ice, so the ziplock baggies you bring can be used for that. If you need more attention, the sadistic... umm... helpful ladies at smart will hook you up.

2: be loud when you need to be- there are times when you (and your class) need to be loud. If you find yourself thinking... hmm... can I be louder, the answer is yes. Be ballistic it will literally save you if you are hypothetically, getting sharked during an evolution while simultaneously reaching muscle failure. Also, contrary to what you may believe, it is rude to not be ridiculously loud in the chow hall. When you aren't supposed to be loud, just be silent.

3: do what you're told- easy right? Not really. People really struggle with this one. You are given enough rope to hang yourself. If you are told to study in your room, don't get caught sleeping on your floor or with your feet kicked up.

4: Embrace the experience- it will be the dumbest, but funniest, experience. I always tell people the best memories are made in the worst places and man do I have some great memories. You will laugh at things the DIs say or you may get RPTd because someone has the same last name as you and the RDCs don't realize you're the wrong one (happened to my roommate). These are all things you'll look back on and laugh at.

5: Only worry about the upcoming evolution- it's easy to get caught up in future things, to be honest, worry about the next event. If you are asking about graduation in indoc, your focus is on the wrong thing. I literally sat down at every meal, prayed, ate, then made up my mind to make it back for the next one with my class. It sounds weird, but it worked for me. Some people break it down by days or weeks. I only had to go from chow to chow. You will have ample time to learn the things you need to learn if you follow the other things I said previously.

6: Work as a team- The goal is for most people to be a part of your wardroom, build those relationships. You may find yourself as 1 of 1 in your future shop. You will forge deep bonds and friendships that you will use later on. For my commissioning, I flew out my best friend (and first roommate) and my old platoon commander/OIC. I've known both for more than a decade and we have remained friends this while time. The people you meet can literally make or break your experience in the military.

There's probably other advice out there, but this helps me out.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
One last thing: the fastest way out is to graduate. We had people that dropped relatively early on and some of them left after we graduated

Nii Ayitey

1: stretch every night- I don't care how old you are, you will get sore. Stretching is a fantastic way to prevent injuries. Nimitz has yoga mats and foam rollers (they aren't in great shape, but better than nothing). They also have ice, so the ziplock baggies you bring can be used for that. If you need more attention, the sadistic... umm... helpful ladies at smart will hook you up.

2: be loud when you need to be- there are times when you (and your class) need to be loud. If you find yourself thinking... hmm... can I be louder, the answer is yes. Be ballistic it will literally save you if you are hypothetically, getting sharked during an evolution while simultaneously reaching muscle failure. Also, contrary to what you may believe, it is rude to not be ridiculously loud in the chow hall. When you aren't supposed to be loud, just be silent.

3: do what you're told- easy right? Not really. People really struggle with this one. You are given enough rope to hang yourself. If you are told to study in your room, don't get caught sleeping on your floor or with your feet kicked up.

4: Embrace the experience- it will be the dumbest, but funniest, experience. I always tell people the best memories are made in the worst places and man do I have some great memories. You will laugh at things the DIs say or you may get RPTd because someone has the same last name as you and the RDCs don't realize you're the wrong one (happened to my roommate). These are all things you'll look back on and laugh at.

5: Only worry about the upcoming evolution- it's easy to get caught up in future things, to be honest, worry about the next event. If you are asking about graduation in indoc, your focus is on the wrong thing. I literally sat down at every meal, prayed, ate, then made up my mind to make it back for the next one with my class. It sounds weird, but it worked for me. Some people break it down by days or weeks. I only had to go from chow to chow. You will have ample time to learn the things you need to learn if you follow the other things I said previously.

6: Work as a team- The goal is for most people to be a part of your wardroom, build those relationships. You may find yourself as 1 of 1 in your future shop. You will forge deep bonds and friendships that you will use later on. For my commissioning, I flew out my best friend (and first roommate) and my old platoon commander/OIC. I've known both for more than a decade and we have remained friends this while time. The people you meet can literally make or break your experience in the military.

There's probably other advice out there, but this helps me out.
Thank you, very helpful and I hope it helps someone else out. I will share this on the Facebook group I created for the March 27 class if it's ok with you. Here is the link if anyone in this class wants to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/313970813750079

Last edited:

SWUSN

For you activity duty folks, about how long did it take you to receive your FINSEL from your PRO REC Y? I was PROC Y for the November Aviation board, the class date said "FY-22" was it the same for you SWO selects?

Coelho0808

For you activity duty folks, about how long did it take you to receive your FINSEL from your PRO REC Y? I was PROC Y for the November Aviation board, the class date said "FY-22" was it the same for you SWO selects?
It took about two weeks. Mr. Celestin sent the command an email asking for a release date. Mine was after March so I received a letter for the 17APR22 class a few days after.

Ericackostaa

About 2 weeks after command notification, but we didn’t have any holidays in our way . I just got my orders last Monday though so don’t lose sleep over those.

Nii Ayitey

I got my notification Nov 30 after my command set a March release date and orders Dec 7 for the March 27 class.

watsonM

The Board was is Sept, I was notified in Oct, command didn’t see the email or replied until Dec, I received my Class Date Dec, and now awaiting orders for the April class.

Nychelsmith

Hello all,

I joined a bit ago but this is my first post.
Just got selected for supply and will be coming in this class!

No prior, coming from Fort Worth, Texas!
Excited to meet you all— any group created for this class yet?