• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 January 13 Class

zianac

Extra awesome
None
Has anyone started a facebook group for this class yet? If not I can go ahead and create one. I just don't want to if someone already did.

USCGSSO

Is anyone ready physically yet? I'm still struggling to get mins on the prt
I'm above mins on curl-ups/ push-ups. I'm right at mins for the 1.5 mile...though with all the running we'll be encountering that's what I'm trying to focus on the most. I'm beating myself up quite a bit pushing it on my runs, but I'd rather hurt now than hurt at OCS.

Dominic Truehart

Final Select SNFO
I'm above mins on curl-ups/ push-ups. I'm right at mins for the 1.5 mile...though with all the running we'll be encountering that's what I'm trying to focus on the most. I'm beating myself up quite a bit pushing it on my runs, but I'd rather hurt now than hurt at OCS.
I think we'll all be hurting at OCS regardless :)

In other news, I got my FS this morning... looks like I got rolled to 17 Feb. Goodluck y'all. See y'all up in the snow!

ssmit255

What's happening guys? Got the call from my OR saying my FS has been generated and i'm slated for this class. Looking forward to getting this show on the road. Will be driving to Newport as well. Convenient route to see friends in DC and NYC on the way up, and that travel allowance will be solid. Bring on the Poopy Suits, right??

26/M/SNFO/NP/NRD Atlanta

barz

Hey everyone!
My dates still aren't finalized, but my RO is trying to push for this date.
I'm one of those odd December board guys getting pushed out asap because of my age. My RO has been pulling some strings to try and help me with getting my commission before my 27th birthday (well, giving me the opportunity that is ;) ) at the end of May!
So it is a bit of cram time to get my stuff put in storage and study up on the big 4! Hope to see everyone there.

26/M/SNFO/NP/Simi Valley California

jbalesi

"Poop Dick"
None

I think we'll all be hurting at OCS regardless :)

The biggest thing to focus on is running, but either way everyone is going to be terrible on their first PFA at bootcamp. Not sleeping for a couple days in a row and non-stop being IT-ed will cause you to be mentally/physically exhausted to the point where most people barely pass.

My suggestion would be to get on two-a-day work outs, focussing on calesthenic work-outs (like P90X or Insanity) and a purely military calesthenic workout (like pushups, 8 counts, situps). Throw some weight training in here and there, and don't work out the same muscle group two days in a row or you might hurt yourself before you get there. Eat as healthy as possible (low carbs) from now until when you leave and slowly work your way up for your running times.

Although most people DOR because of physical fitness, it is generally because of the relentless amount of PT that you do, not because it's actually that hard. If you can handle the anxiety and the loud noises, you should be good.

exNavyOffRec

Although most people DOR because of physical fitness, it is generally because of the relentless amount of PT that you do, not because it's actually that hard. If you can handle the anxiety and the loud noises, you should be good.

per the stats released most people that DOR are not due to physical fitness, it is due to loss of designator, they wanted to come in to only do a specific job. In over 3 years of officer recruiting we didn't have a single person that we sent to OCS DOR due to physical fitness.