• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 January 13 Class

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
2 years ago my NRD sent a girl to OCS that was 19, started college at 16 and graduated in 3 years.

Wow, good on her.

I bet the prior-Es were thrilled to be taking orders from a teenager, much less a 22 year old, when she was in candi-O.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
If it helps she was hot.

I deal with a lot of hot female students. Their hotness doesn't make them any less annoying haha!!

A particular scene from "A Few Good Men" springs to mind.
No, not that one. This one.

Well then, I hope that when my younger sister commissions in a few years that she doesn't have to hear/put up with abuse like that.

How are y'all planning to get up there? I'm pretty set on flying.
I'm driving up. I would like to have my car when it will be allowed, as well as have it for the trip down to Pensacola. The Navy also pays enough money to give me proper incentive for driving. 1500 mi roadtrip, here I come...

I'm driving up. I would like to have my car when it will be allowed, as well as have it for the trip down to Pensacola. The Navy also pays enough money to give me proper incentive for driving. 1500 mi roadtrip, here I come...
I was going to drive too for the same reasons but I decided to sell my truck so I don't want to take a chance on something breaking on the road trip right before I sell it. You're welcome to come pick us airport guys up though! Haha

I drive a 2005 Crown Vic. Not too worried about it breaking down just yet. If you all get in around the same time, I have room to bring 4 down to Newport. I plan on getting out that way a little bit early to visit some people I know. I know your post was in jest, but it wouldn't be a strain on me, just for any who have to sit around the airport, waiting for me to swing by.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Well then, I hope that when my younger sister commissions in a few years that she doesn't have to hear/put up with abuse like that.
Of course not, I didn't mean any offense by it. I think we can all agree that those attitudes/behaviors are not as prevalent as they were 20 years ago when the film came out.
Will she be applying NA/NFO like yourself?

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Of course not, I didn't mean any offense by it. I think we can all agree that those attitudes/behaviors are not as prevalent as they were 20 years ago when the film came out.
Will she be applying NA/NFO like yourself?

I'm glad they are less common, for sure. I guess I see things differently because I currently work in a field that isn't male dominated anymore.

She's an extremely tough girl, AFROTC, and is planning to fly.

Dominic Truehart

Final Select SNFO
22/M/Non-prior/NFO/Southeastern Louisiana University

I got the word via voicemail today. Just arrived back from Germany so as soon as I get the paperwork done I'll be joining y'all. I'm pretty sure I'll be flying up from Louisiana...

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
22/M/Non-prior/NFO/Southeastern Louisiana University

I got the word via voicemail today. Just arrived back from Germany so as soon as I get the paperwork done I'll be joining y'all. I'm pretty sure I'll be flying up from Louisiana...
Didn't you apply to the December board? They already told you that you'd be going to this class?

Dominic Truehart

Final Select SNFO
Didn't you apply to the December board? They already told you that you'd be going to this class?
Yes I did apply to the December board, was selected NFO, and was told I'd be going in this class. It was honestly a little sooner than I expected but I'm ready to get to Rhode Island. It is still 70 degrees up there like it is down here in Louisiana, right? Like I said, I'll have to finalize some things with my recruiter in the coming days but all vectors point to January.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Wow that's awesome, I've heard a few people say that some of the December applicants might be going to OCS in January, but I was skeptical about it before now. Congrats!