• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
Backstreet boys Memes

xD

Aviate11

Contributor
Yassss finally aviation talk.... logged 6.0 today while anxiously looking for an AT list. If anyone wants to nerd out and learn/teach some stuff let me know. I’m getting my flight instructor rating in a few months so I could use the practice.

Density altitude is pressure corrected for non standard temps. High density altitude is actually worse, contrary to the words “high dense” haha. The air is actually less dense. this is

Aviate11

Contributor
Not sure why it didn’t post my entire message.... anyways

less dense air = longer aircraft take of distance or for all you runners, less oxygen in your lungs.
Essentially it comes down to the molecules and how “dense” or close they are to each other. Also, humidity takes the place of air molecules, making the air less dense. So high humidity/hot days are the worst! You may be able to land at a high density alt airport but may not be able to take off. YouTube has some awesome videos on that stuff.

atpeek

After yesterday’s calculator fiasco, can somebody add in columns for pilot and nfo score to the spreadsheet? I’m not sure how useful the calculation actually is, but I would like to see if there is a correlation. It actually seemed to not really be affected by GPA for people worried about it. I would add myself but I believe I have broke it in the past.

PontusPilot

Contributor
After yesterday’s calculator fiasco, can somebody add in columns for pilot and nfo score to the spreadsheet? I’m not sure how useful the calculation actually is, but I would like to see if there is a correlation. It actually seemed to not really be affected by GPA for people worried about it. I would add myself but I believe I have broke it in the past.
I mean I have a score of 80 for pilot, and have yet to be picked up. So idk, hard to say when there are so many above average applicants nowadays.

atpeek

I mean I have a score of 80 for pilot, and have yet to be picked up. So idk, hard to say when there are so many above average applicants nowadays.
True and good point. I don’t believe a high score or even being in the green is a guarantee. I thought it might add to solving what the board selectors are looking at more. I tried solving the grading scale but that was some math I left behind a while back