• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

Ruvo

Pft float into PCSM and so did CoC evals. Then again, the AF was overtly concerned about pfts even over academics in some cases. Knew a kid who was a complete idiot (my opinion) made it into ENJPPT... his uncle had stars and dad was connected with politicians. Idk if that helped him or not. But failed his AFOQT twice and barely passed on his last try.
Good lord. Yeah for the most part it seems like AETC is one big soup sandwich. I'm honestly not even sure how much the Air Force cares about PCSM scores/flight aptitude. The Navy so far seems way more consistent and fairer with how they calculate scores/hire applicants.

exNavyOffRec

Good lord. Yeah for the most part it seems like AETC is one big soup sandwich. I'm honestly not even sure how much the Air Force cares about PCSM scores/flight aptitude. The Navy so far seems way more consistent and fairer with how they calculate scores/hire applicants.

Having been to career fairs with AF recruiters for a few years I would agree, the priority for flight spots was USAFA, AFROTC, then hope and pray for spots for OTS.

I remember the AF recruiter at one career fair saying people at that time who wanted to be a pilot for OTS had no chance, they were told to take info and just hold it, another time he told the kids coming up they could apply for position like navigator but that was the best they could hope for, otherwise it was engineering positions or sitting in front of a control panel in a cornfield.

villo0692

Having been to career fairs with AF recruiters for a few years I would agree, the priority for flight spots was USAFA, AFROTC, then hope and pray for spots for OTS.

I remember the AF recruiter at one career fair saying people at that time who wanted to be a pilot for OTS had no chance, they were told to take info and just hold it, another time he told the kids coming up they could apply for position like navigator but that was the best they could hope for, otherwise it was engineering positions or sitting in front of a control panel in a cornfield.
would you happen to know how does the recruiting for Spec War officers go? I was in talks with one of their recruiters a while ago for Special Tactics Officer, filled up some paperwork, and then the dude just vanished

exNavyOffRec

would you happen to know how does the recruiting for Spec War officers go? I was in talks with one of their recruiters a while ago for Special Tactics Officer, filled up some paperwork, and then the dude just vanished

I had to look that up, but after reading it that sounds exactly like what my friends son did/does in the USAF, he graduated from the USAFA and then was in all this specialized training, it is probably one of those things that priority goes to USAFA or AFROTC like other good jobs in the AF

Recession

Back to rumors...

I heard they are only accepting people with flight experience.... and by flight experience, I mean this:
https://theness.com/neurologicablog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/flying-skydiving.jpg

To add some credibility to this rumor (even if you meant it as a joke) my friend was commissioned 4 months ago, and has been in waiting for 2 months before entering flight school, he says he has to wait a minimum of 4 more months before he starts. Its possible that the Navy would be more selective about their applicants due to their huge backlog, unless they feel comfortable with making tons of applicants wait even longer periods.

NevarYalnal

Its possible that the Navy would be more selective about their applicants due to their huge backlog, unless they feel comfortable with making tons of applicants wait even longer periods.
And yet at the same time they updated the program authorization to lower the minimum scores... That's Big Navy for ya

exNavyOffRec

To add some credibility to this rumor (even if you meant it as a joke) my friend was commissioned 4 months ago, and has been in waiting for 2 months before entering flight school, he says he has to wait a minimum of 4 more months before he starts. Its possible that the Navy would be more selective about their applicants due to their huge backlog, unless they feel comfortable with making tons of applicants wait even longer periods.
officers are by year groups, even if a person had to wait to go through their school they have been commissioned and are in their year group, if they waited it would skew things for years.