• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

villo0692

The Air Force is really big on diversity right now. I know its a touchy subject and I don't want people to think I'm trying to deflect responsibility (cause at the end of the day its always my fault if I don't get picked up lol), but I was a non select for the last Air Force rated board and when my recruiter called she also told me that she saw a lot of female applicants get picked up for the same board. I had a 76 PCSM and both my recruiter and I thought my odds of being selected were very high, but big Air Force is big Air Force ?‍♂️
yeah, not sure how their process works tbh.....only big AF knows how they do their things....it seems hard to be picked up for an OTS rated spot given that most of their billets go to people form the academy or AFROTC....if you think about it....people go to the Naval Academy and might end up as SWOs, SEALS, Pilots, NFOs, EOD, Nukes....among others....but in the AF academy (and correct me if I am wrong, this is just speculation) you most likely will be doing some sort of flying....so it makes sense selection of civilians seem to be low...and then like you said, throw diversity in there and it might make it a bit harder for some people....is just the reality of things...I've seen videos of this one dude advising SEAL wannabes on getting a contract, and one of the first things he asks them is "are you a minority?".........guess we gotta play with the cards we're dealt

Ruvo

yeah, not sure how their process works tbh.....only big AF knows how they do their things....it seems hard to be picked up for an OTS rated spot given that most of their billets go to people form the academy or AFROTC....if you think about it....people go to the Naval Academy and might end up as SWOs, SEALS, Pilots, NFOs, EOD, Nukes....among others....but in the AF academy (and correct me if I am wrong, this is just speculation) you most likely will be doing some sort of flying....so it makes sense selection of civilians seem to be low...and then like you said, throw diversity in there and it might make it a bit harder for some people....is just the reality of things...I've seen videos of this one dude advising SEAL wannabes on getting a contract, and one of the first things he asks them is "are you a minority?".........guess we gotta play with the cards we're dealt
I had a guard pilot tell me that "timing is everything everything and there is no justice" specifically in regards to getting a pilot slot, but I think it applies to a lot of things haha

KaleDaSquid

AW Deity and aspiring Aviator
Contributor
The Air Force is really big on diversity right now. I know its a touchy subject and I don't want people to think I'm trying to deflect responsibility (cause at the end of the day its always my fault if I don't get picked up lol), but I was a non select for the last Air Force rated board and when my recruiter called she also told me that she saw a lot of female applicants get picked up for the same board. I had a 76 PCSM and both my recruiter and I thought my odds of being selected were very high, but big Air Force is big Air Force ?‍♂️
I had a PCSM of 97 or 98.... I was told to get a PPL before I would be submitted

exNavyOffRec

I've seen videos of this one dude advising SEAL wannabes on getting a contract, and one of the first things he asks them is "are you a minority?".........guess we gotta play with the cards we're dealt
That was probably an enlisted recruiter, they get credit for anything other than white male, on the officer side it is all about being able to be smart and physically able to have a shot through BUDS.

The ability to make it through all that SEAL training has nothing to do with the color of a person's skin, unfortunately enlisted recruiting tries to make the goals without caring if a person drops on the first day of BUDS or succeeds.

Ruvo

Wanna hear something crazy, all my buddies in AFOTC got pilot slots with PCSMs in the 40s and 50s. I think my PCSM was the highest out of anyone at that detachment. Hearing people with 80s and 90s not get picked up or even looked at is wild.

KaleDaSquid

Contributor
That’s silly. Weren’t you in AFROTC too?
Yea, got offered Missiles and did not want to get stuck at Minot.

Wanna hear something crazy, all my buddies in AFOTC got pilot slots with PCSMs in the 40s and 50s. I think my PCSM was the highest out of anyone at that detachment. Hearing people with 80s and 90s not get picked up or even looked at is wild.
That happened a lot. Most of them are probs aviation based in their studies. I have never met anyone under a 70 with a non flight major getting pilot. Or the luck of selection that year.

Ruvo

That happened a lot. Most of them are probs aviation based in their studies. I have never met anyone under a 70 with a non flight major getting pilot. Or the luck of selection that year.
They were all political science/criminal justice. Top third ft/commanders ranking, 95+ pfa, mid 3's for GPA

PEFO Silver-Shades

what North Dakota not good enough ? the -40 Degree weather to much haha

KaleDaSquid

Contributor
They were all political science/criminal justice. Top third ft/commanders ranking, 95+ pfa, mid 3's for GPA
Pft float into PCSM and so did CoC evals. Then again, the AF was overtly concerned about pfts even over academics in some cases. Knew a kid who was a complete idiot (my opinion) made it into ENJPPT... his uncle had stars and dad was connected with politicians. Idk if that helped him or not. But failed his AFOQT twice and barely passed on his last try.