• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

Generic

Ahhh, a fellow sof enthusiast. In a past life before I was an undesignated sailor, I attended one of those storied Navy schools as a 21 year old college grad. It wasn’t EOD, SWCC, Diver, or Air Crew so I’ll just leave it at that. I tried going back as an E and even worked with my CCC on an O package since my year group was overmanned and when I got no luck I asked about EOD and she said “you better be a prior service EOD tech or they won’t touch you.” I talked with one of the EOD O’s on our deployment and he was an academy guy and he pretty much backed up what my CCC said. Said they pretty much promote from within and if there is a spot open at the end, they’ll take an academy guy. That’s my experience anyway, interested to hear if ExOfficer has had success getting guys in as a recruiter.
Ocean o is another designator I’m curious about. Can’t imagine they push a lot of them through.

NevarYalnal

Recruiter said my profile was updated, have an FY21 OCS date, but my profile didn't say if I'm SNA or SNFO since I think my application got submitted for both. So guess I have to wait more until I find out what exactly... but good news about an OCS date. Anyone gotten recommended for both SNA and SNFO and gotten to pick?
you sure you have a FY21 date? pretty sure July 4 is the last class of FY21, meaning you would need to report for quarantine in...5 days.

luckynumbr27

It actually sounds like a fascinating community, and if I had the right degree and felt like I had a shot I’d have probably put it on my package.
My roommate in Norfolk was an AG3 on our flattop carrier and he was practically one of one at our command. He was the only enlisted sailor in his division and had a single divo above him. Pretty much had free reign to cal shots like he saw. Consulted the CO personally on all things weather reporting. That independence always intrigued me.

kookylukey

you sure you have a FY21 date? pretty sure July 4 is the last class of FY21, meaning you would need to report for quarantine in...5 days.
What my recruiter sent me said FY21-111 which is October to my understanding. Do you have to quarantine for over 2 months?

villo0692

I don't believe you have to quarantine anymore? From what I understand if your FY-21 you will have to graduate on or before 01 OCT because if you do after that then your FY22.
Yup, he’d have to leave to OCS within the next two weeks for the last FY21 class

exNavyOffRec

since someone brought up EOD....I gotta ask @exNavyOffRec.... I am aware that out of all the applicants for EOD officer they pick like 4 or 5 for the entire year. What is it that they look for in their candidates? is it a must for them to be prior EOD enlisted? or something else? that designator called my attention a lot upon hearing about it, and I feel that I would have no problem finishing the training, however, those less than encouraging numbers deterred me from even applying, coupled with the fact that there is ONE board a year. Also, I was told that if you have more than one choice besides EOD in your package, even if the latter is the first choice, the board will pretty much reject you right away....anything in your experience about this designator?
Ahhh, a fellow sof enthusiast. In a past life before I was an undesignated sailor, I attended one of those storied Navy schools as a 21 year old college grad. It wasn’t EOD, SWCC, Diver, or Air Crew so I’ll just leave it at that. I tried going back as an E and even worked with my CCC on an O package when my year group closed due to overmanning and when I got no luck I asked about EOD and she said “you better be a prior service EOD tech or they won’t touch you.” I talked with one of the EOD O’s on our deployment and he was an academy guy and he pretty much backed up what my CCC said. Said they pretty much promote from within and if there is a spot open at the end, they’ll take an academy guy. That’s my experience anyway, interested to hear if ExOfficer has had success getting guys in as a recruiter.

I have had one guy that was interested in EOD get picked up and he was a civilian, however his dad was former enlisted SEAL turned EOD LDO, once he started applying I had EOD guys calling me asking if I needed anything that would help him get picked, it is crazy how tight the community is.

He did get picked up and is out there somewhere.

In generally if you aren't prior EOD or SEAL your chance of getting picked is so very low, several times that have stated they will only review applications from prior EOD/SEAL.