• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

Joedub85

My Recruiter is an CPO and his job was AOC, pretty helpful and always there to answer my questions which is nice.

exNavyOffRec

I've heard that JO's are mostly mentored by their Chiefs early on anyway at least in surface warfare and EOD - do you think it's the same way in aviation? The long training pipeline seems like it might make things a little different
In some aspects there will be guidance, but aviation is a different animal.

Oski510

Alright boys and girls, I got a curve ball for ya’ll.

I’m currently engaged and I will be making it official through our county pretty soon but we won’t be having a ceremony for our families. We just want to sign the papers so she’s taken care of by the Navy while I’m gone for OCS and she can move to FL with me when the time comes. We want to wait to have a ceremony with our families since right now we wouldn’t have time to plan something like that.

Question: do you guys know if as SNFO we get any time off from our training? I asked my recruiter about this and he said that it’s something I’d have to figure out once I’m there. Just wanted to see if you guys have any insight on this? I wanna know how hard it’s gonna be to plan a wedding while I’m in school. Or if we’re gonna have to wait a couple years after finishing school. Thanks y’all. I wanna be able to give my lady more answers lol

Mike D.

Contributor
Alright boys and girls, I got a curve ball for ya’ll.

I’m currently engaged and I will be making it official through our county pretty soon but we won’t be having a ceremony for our families. We just want to sign the papers so she’s taken care of by the Navy while I’m gone for OCS and she can move to FL with me when the time comes. We want to wait to have a ceremony with our families since right now we wouldn’t have time to plan something like that.

Question: do you guys know if as SNFO we get any time off from our training? I asked my recruiter about this and he said that it’s something I’d have to figure out once I’m there. Just wanted to see if you guys have any insight on this? I wanna know how hard it’s gonna be to plan a wedding while I’m in school. Or if we’re gonna have to wait a couple years after finishing school. Thanks y’all. I wanna be able to give my lady more answers lol
I just got engaged in December. That shits going on the back back burner if a pro rec comes in lol

Oski510

I just got engaged in December. That shits going on the back back burner if a pro rec comes in lol

Congrats! We got engaged in October. I mean we’re still going to make it official before I ship but we would like to have a ceremony for our families but there’s no time for that right now. It’d be nice to have one in a year. We wouldn’t mind waiting a couple years. If we do have time off as students all I’d need is a week off and a few months to plan.

Mike D.

Contributor
Congratulations to all you getting engaged! If she likes you now, imagine how into you she will be when you show up to the wedding, wearing those cool aviator shades, riding a crotch rocket to the wedding, wearing the g-1 jacket, and waiting for her at the altar with danger zone playing.
Not sure I’m buying that “not a tom cruise fan” tag anymore ?