• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24 May 2020 OCS Class

nalderman97

Anyone know what we are allowed to bring during quarantine?
I'm in a group chat with the May 3rd class, they ship out next Sunday for quarantine. I'll ask them when they go what to bring. I might bring a Switch to help pass the time, you can also bring books... also food might be a good thing to bring. I believe all we get to eat is ham sandwiches and a breakfast sandwich for two weeks straight. Other than that some extra civilian clothes, but I'm going to try and bring as little as I can.

czaaa

Found out I'll be shipping with all of y'all!

I'm in the process of trying to pack all of the necessities. Has anyone made a packing list yet?
We had a meeting regarding bringing white underwear and black boot socks, along with good running shoes. What is everyone else planning on bringing?

Will we be allowed to pack sriracha and tabasco sauce? It's going to be a long 2 weeks...

This is what one of the guys in the class before ours sent me View attachment 25043

DefiningFire

Found out I'll be shipping with all of y'all!

I'm in the process of trying to pack all of the necessities. Has anyone made a packing list yet?
We had a meeting regarding bringing white underwear and black boot socks, along with good running shoes. What is everyone else planning on bringing?

Will we be allowed to pack sriracha and tabasco sauce? It's going to be a long 2 weeks...

I've made a sort of packing list, but it mostly involves things found on the DEP manual and recommendations and lists online.
I went ahead and got white crew socks, white underwear and black compression shorts, two pairs of good running shoes, some insoles, toiletries, tight white undershirts, a simple black electric wristwatch, and financial and important documents. This is just off the top of my head so I am sure I'll bring more, but I am really curious as to what extra to bring for the quarantine.
Also, someone I am talking to currently in quarantine has told me they have changed up the quarantine meals so we won't be eating the same ham and cheese sandwich every day. They were also given an updated OCR and some PTU's, but it will be hard to tell how quarantine will for us because their quarantine routine and details are constantly changing (according to the person I am talking to). Our best bet will probably be to hear from this next class starting this weekend, and then hopefully our own OR's before we head out will know even more.

czaaa

Thanks, do you mind sharing the packing list via a Google Spreadsheet? I can add onto it once I find out more details too.
During the briefing call we had here in Houston, I vaguely remember we needed to have white compression shorts. Do you know if we are allowed to bring scissors to cut the insoles?

They were also specific to what documents we needed to bring (originals), I'll have to bring up my notes and type them up here in a bit.

I've made a sort of packing list, but it mostly involves things found on the DEP manual and recommendations and lists online.
I went ahead and got white crew socks, white underwear and black compression shorts, two pairs of good running shoes, some insoles, toiletries, tight white undershirts, a simple black electric wristwatch, and financial and important documents. This is just off the top of my head so I am sure I'll bring more, but I am really curious as to what extra to bring for the quarantine.
Also, someone I am talking to currently in quarantine has told me they have changed up the quarantine meals so we won't be eating the same ham and cheese sandwich every day. They were also given an updated OCR and some PTU's, but it will be hard to tell how quarantine will for us because their quarantine routine and details are constantly changing (according to the person I am talking to). Our best bet will probably be to hear from this next class starting this weekend, and then hopefully our own OR's before we head out will know even more.

DefiningFire

Thanks, do you mind sharing the packing list via a Google Spreadsheet? I can add onto it once I find out more details too.
During the briefing call we had here in Houston, I vaguely remember we needed to have white compression shorts. Do you know if we are allowed to bring scissors to cut the insoles?

They were also specific to what documents we needed to bring (originals), I'll have to bring up my notes and type them up here in a bit.

Sure. Here's a quick Google Doc I just made for this with two sites I used for information, as well as the excerpt from the OCS Survivors Guide.

DefiningFire

Thanks for compiling that.

I'm planning on bringing a small suitcase due to the 2 weeks we need to stay for quarantine. Do you know if this is going to be a hassle?

I have no idea at the moment. I'm hoping to get more information in the next 3 weeks before we go.

JimmyTZ

Hello guys,
I just got FINSEL letter a few days ago and will be in the class 24May20 as well. It is my pleasure to see you all here. I am an active duty and got selected for IP program. At this point, I am pretty behind in the process. I am starting out processing with my command while preparing everything for the OCS. Buying stuff online during COVID-19 will definitely take longer shipping time. To add on to the list that you already made, I would suggest you to book the hotel near base on the 9th as well.