• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24 AUG 15 SWO OCS BOARD

Joeco

Let me put this out there, because it wasn't put out there for me, and led to me making some poor choices. Don't chase OCS like it's just over the horizon. If you missed this board (and it looks like you did) have a plan for the next year that will occupy your time. I made the assumption / was giving the implication when I started this process that boards were frequent and that the turn around would be quick. That is not always the case.

The last SWO board was in March. That's a more than 5 month gap between boards. Even if you are selected on the very next board, there are guys still sitting here from that March board that haven't left for OCS. This is not a quick process. It's entirely possible that the next board is 6 months away, and that even if your kit is extremely competitive you will be waiting 6 months after that to ship.

Even if the next board happens in September (unlikely) and you are selected, things can come up that keep you from attending (background, medical, etc).

Basically, take care of yourself. Don't put your eggs in this basket. Don't sit in a crummy college job thinking this is your future. OCS is no sure thing, and it will happen on the Navy's time.
Cannot agree more with this.
The time has been rough, especially when I see fellow classmates finding work and building their resumes. I plan on sticking to the Navy while working in the interim. However, I just wanted to say thanks to posters like yourself and RUFIO who help shed light on such a confusing, lengthy process.

USSMaximus

I hope they do indeed begin meeting that frequently. I submitted in early March and just found out my kit was held at NRD and never submitted to NRC due to that diversity goal you mentioned. After 6 months, heres to waiting on the next board :/

Wait, so you didn't go to the board because of a diversity goal?

Can you clarify that more? Are you saying you're a minority that would typically have a diversity goal but since it was already met, NRD never bothered sending it to NRC? How did you find out it had never gotten passed NRD and should others be looking into this to see if their packets were held as well?

Anchors_Away

Unfortunately I dont have much information. I found out my packet was held at my NRD through my recruiter. I am indeed a per-se minority, but was told that other apps were prioritized over mine. I wish I had more, but that's all the info I have.

Wow, sorry to hear that! I wasn't even aware that NRD could pick and choose which packets to prioritize over others. It just seems a bit odd and hopefully you get some clarification or maybe one of the ORs on here can shine some light onto what may have happened...

exNavyOffRec

Wow, sorry to hear that! I wasn't even aware that NRD could pick and choose which packets to prioritize over others. It just seems a bit odd and hopefully you get some clarification or maybe one of the ORs on here can shine some light onto what may have happened...

Some NRD's just don't care about the applicant and only think about themselves, if they worked hard it wouldn't matter.

SharkBait

I think its safe to say that the board didn't happen late July since we haven't heard of anyone getting a pro-rec y/x/n.