• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 May 2016 Supply Corps Board

exNavyOffRec

I have no idea what the interview portion is about, but it seems to be a crucial part. Can someone clarify? Is this something that my recruiter sets up for me or how does that work?
sometimes a person just isn't in a place to get an interview, if it makes you feel better all my selects for Supply didn't have an interview, the ones that did weren't selected (they didn't necessarily have the best GPA)

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Several senior officers will do Skype or Facetime. We've had a lot of luck with that and they then consider it an "in-person" interview.

XXXMM004

sometimes a person just isn't in a place to get an interview, if it makes you feel better all my selects for Supply didn't have an interview, the ones that did weren't selected
My friend and I both applied the supply board on NOV 2015. His package is way better than mind.We both did not received any interviews. Our recruiter even told us that is unnecessary, and whatever his own recruiting opinions putted on the application form matters more. However, my friend (his father is a O-4) still managed to have one from a O-5, but he did not get selected.

exNavyOffRec

Several senior officers will do Skype or Facetime. We've had a lot of luck with that and they then consider it an "in-person" interview.

Good point, we did have one candidate (not mine) that was sunk by the interview the CDR asked the college senior questions about the make up of a division, what the CPO does, and asked him questions on specific Supply related programs, it very much read like an interview an enlisted supply person would get if applying for supply officer.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Our recruiter even told us that is unnecessary, and whatever his own recruiting opinions putted on the application form matters more.
I fear I made a mistake in carrying on conversations/posts between Reserve and Active discussions here on AW. For reserve applications, INTERVIEWS are huge and required. For the active application, we don't do them at all. Character references only but any of those written by active supply officers certainly help.

I have to address the comment, though, about what us recruiters type on the application. My opinion is that those words hold little weight, if any. It's the application, the person, the "whole" of the candidate that matters...not what one of us recruiters think.

XXXMM004

My opinion is that those words hold little weight, if any. It's the application, the person, the "whole" of the candidate that matters...not what one of us recruiters think.
That's a helpful comment. I gona told my friend about it. Since I got selected but he did not, he keep thinking that the recruiter putted something "bad" on the application causing he became a "bad" applicant.
If someone could make a "weight of application" pie chart, it will be decent to answer those asked "why do I got N." ;)

exNavyOffRec

I have to address the comment, though, about what us recruiters type on the application. My opinion is that those words hold little weight, if any. It's the application, the person, the "whole" of the candidate that matters...not what one of us recruiters think.

I used to think that, until it was mentioned from NRC that they do read them, not all boards are the same though. I also only wrote what I knew. If I had interaction with the candidates sibling/parents and there was something that stuck out I mentioned it.

I had a candidate (Supply by chance) that was home schooled, then went to a private college, met the entire family, wrote about their interaction, strong support of their child's decision, how the person had been taught to think how their actions affect others, etc.... the person had a ok GPA and was picked up.

The more interesting one when I was at a command picnic, I rec'd a call from a member of the CEC board, it was not the accessions officer I normally dealt with, but he called to ask questions about my candidate and asked some questions as he said I seemed to be very impressed with this young person (I had met parents, wrote how the immigrated to the US, how this person was first to go to college, etc...), after the board and this person was selected the accessions officer I dealt with and I talked, the one accessions officer was thinking about not giving a "thumbs up" on this person but decided to call based on what I wrote, then after talking decided to give the ok.

I am not saying each board reads the OR comments, but except for the beginning of my OR time I wrote as if they did.

XXXMM004

I used to think that, until it was mentioned from NRC that they do read them, not all boards are the same though.
WOW. I guess the selection process is changing all the time based on different sources about a candidate.
When my recruiter talked about the OR reference, he explained that OR is the 1st hand interacted with his candidates. Through the entire process, he or she eventually knew the candidates better than any one else. Some boards may take this piece of comment seriously.

Checking into this board. Chances are slim, but the worst that can happen is getting an "N". Does anyone else feel they are not qualified?

LSworld

As you prepare for the next Supply Corps Board, below are results from the 22Feb2016 board.

Total Applicants: 192 (20 from the fleet)
Selects: 25 (4 from the fleet)
Selection Rate: 13%

Next Board/Deadline: 22Apr deadline for 23May board. This board will wrap up FY16 selects and begin FY17 selects.

I submitted mine last week for the May board. With the NRD application being cut off until FY17, I am not sure if it will help or hurt my chances. What might hurt my package are time in service, no awards, and only O-4 interviews with Supply Officers (being in aviation and FDNF ). My COC also has very little knowledge with OCS so I had to set up everything myself. But I did my part, just got to stay positive and keep my fingers crossed. If not selected this time around I will resubmit one more time before my 29th birthday.

Male 27 / LS2 (AW)
AD / Years in Service: 2
OAR: 55
B.A. Supply Chain Management / Michigan State University
GPA: 3.52
Evals: Frocked MP / Frocked P / MP
Interviews: O-4, O-3 (Supply), O-4 (Supply)
No awards

jwm90

Coffee > Sleep
When should applicants plan on hearing back from their recruiters? I believe my kit was processed and awaiting a select or non-select from this particular board.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
When should applicants plan on hearing back from their recruiters? I believe my kit was processed and awaiting a select or non-select from this particular board.

Your answer can be easily searched. Take a look at previous Supply Board Threads and you can get a jist as to how long the timelines are.