• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 May 2016 Supply Corps Board

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
As you prepare for the next Supply Corps Board, below are results from the 22Feb2016 board.

Total Applicants: 192 (20 from the fleet)
Selects: 25 (4 from the fleet)
Selection Rate: 13%

Next Board/Deadline: 22Apr deadline for 23May board. This board will wrap up FY16 selects and begin FY17 selects.

Noteworthy Links:
Navy.com Official Description
Supply Corps Program Authorization
YouTube: Day in the Life of a Supply Corps Officer, Part 1
YouTube: Day in the Life of a Supply Corps Officer, Part 2
YouTube: Leadership in the Supply Corps
SC%20Collar.jpg

Mustafa "MJ" Abdullah Jr

Aspiring Naval Officer, Interest in Supply and SWO
Are recruiters provided with a "competitive average" or something along those lines? I'm working on getting my packet together now for that next board and it may be beneficial to know (in general) what I could do to make my packet as strong as possible. With a selection rate of 13%, I could see small differences making all the difference.

Chop07

Are recruiters provided with a "competitive average" or something along those lines? I'm working on getting my packet together now for that next board and it may be beneficial to know (in general) what I could do to make my packet as strong as possible. With a selection rate of 13%, I could see small differences making all the difference.
Yes, we are. Take this only as a guide and not a guarantee of any kind.

Min. GPA = 2.5, Competitive = 3.25 or above
Min. OAR = 35, Competitive = 50 or above

Positive Factors: Supply Corps related experience, LORs and interviews by senior SC officers
Negative Factors: drug use other than marijuana, poor math scores, financial problems, criminal record

exNavyOffRec

be aware that competitive does not equal average stats of those selected, it is just a point at which you should have a shot.

Chop07

My recruiter never told me about it.
Well now a recruiter did. Many recruiters don't read/research/educate themselves on the programs or look at the documents (like the competitive profile) to best serve and advise their applicants.

exNavyOffRec

Well now a recruiter did. Many recruiters don't read/research/educate themselves on the programs or look at the documents (like the competitive profile) to best serve and advise their applicants.

so true, I have seen in person or on here stuff that makes me wonder WTF some recruiters are doing.

The bad part is applicants in the fleet often don't get good info, I really feel for them as the CCC course barely touches on OCS programs or any officer programs.

I had fleet guys come to the NRD to take the ASTB applying for EOD when the board had just passed, or trying to apply for CEC with a history degree because their DIVO told them once you are in the USN the degree doesn't matter, guys trying to apply nuke without any calc or physics, or guys trying to apply for programs when they are over the age limit because their OCS mentor officer told them there is no age limit when you are on active.

that1dude

SH2(SW/AW)
The bad part is applicants in the fleet often don't get good info, I really feel for them as the CCC course barely touches on OCS programs or any officer programs.

I can completely attest to this. It doesn't help that I'm on what is considered remote duty, but I completely did my entire OCS package from start to finish with absolutely no help or input from my CCC because he simply didn't know anything about OCS programs. I sett up my own interviews, set up my own appointment to meet with my CO for his recommendation, I even sent the package in myself.

Chop07

He still has a nice chance, right?
That's just one piece of the pie. I'm a Chop myself and have yet to get a person selected for active Supply. I once sent in a female, MBA, 4.0 applicant. Non-Select. I will forever scratch my head on that one. All you can do is build the best package possible and if you can, get in front of an active duty Supply Corps officer and get a letter of recommendation from him/her. Unfortunately, unless you are in a fleet-concentration area, that's nearly impossible.

exNavyOffRec

That's just one piece of the pie. I'm a Chop myself and have yet to get a person selected for active Supply. I once sent in a female, MBA, 4.0 applicant. Non-Select. I will forever scratch my head on that one. All you can do is build the best package possible and if you can, get in front of an active duty Supply Corps officer and get a letter of recommendation from him/her. Unfortunately, unless you are in a fleet-concentration area, that's nearly impossible.

I was able to get 6 (maybe 7) selected over 3 years all but one had a GPA of at least 3.3, don't think any had graduate degrees, one had tech degree (he was color deficient), all had LOR's from employers or professors that gave glowing reviews of the person, all but one were involved in the community or sports, and the one that had a low GPA 2.8-2.9 had been working as an assistant mgr/mgr for around 7 years with incredibly LOR's and was a Div 1 sport team captain.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I was able to get 6 (maybe 7) selected over 3 years all but one had a GPA of at least 3.3, don't think any had graduate degrees, one had tech degree (he was color deficient), all had LOR's from employers or professors that gave glowing reviews of the person, all but one were involved in the community or sports, and the one that had a low GPA 2.8-2.9 had been working as an assistant mgr/mgr for around 7 years with incredibly LOR's and was a Div 1 sport team captain.

I had a similar guy get picked up. 2.65 GPA, Business, D1 baseball captain, O6 interview, and 4-5 years working supply chain supervising 50+ people.

Chop07

He or she "should" but as you already know, all recruiters are not the same. The interview is a face to face (preferably) interview with a senior officer in that community. They then draft up a review and forward to your recruiter and not via you. You are not permitted to see it.

Mustafa "MJ" Abdullah Jr

Aspiring Naval Officer, Interest in Supply and SWO
Fortunately, my recruiter has been doing a great job for me up to this point. I'm incredibly curious about the process since I'm genuinely interested in joining after graduation in May. I use this as an outlet to get my questions answered so I don't come off as over-eager or burdensome to my recruiter. I know things take time to develop, but I don't want to ever feel idle so I do what I can to make positive decisions in between updates from him.