• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 May 18 Pilot/NFO Selection Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
NRC due date is April 13th. A couple of notes:

1. DO NOT APPLY FOR NFO IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS ABOUT BEING ONE. Applying Pilot/NFO as your #1 and #2 choices gives you the possibility of being selected your second choice (NFO). If you're being forced to apply for both and have concerns/don't feel comfortable, walk out. DO NOT put yourself in an uncomfortable situation of being selected for NFO and jeopardizing yourself by declining. The odds are highly against you if you decline NFO and try to apply again. If you only want to be a Pilot, put down Pilot as your #1 and only choice. It's okay to apply to just one designator.

1a. If you fail the eye portion at MEPS and are 100% confident you can pass otherwise, there's guidance in other threads to help you out. Do not let your OR convince you to apply for NFO with the possibility of being a Pilot in either OCS or Flight School.

2. Unless your "OCS availability date" says otherwise, be ready to ship to the soonest OCS class possible if selected. When you sit down with your OR/Processor, put down an OCS date in which you know you're 100% ready. If you have commitments in say August, put your OCS availability date 1 Sept 2018. Otherwise, if you're willing to ship in moment's notice, put down "23 May 2018". Similar to the NFO situation, don't jeopardize yourself of your OR by making a commitment you can't honor.

3. Both FY18 and FY19 will be selected.

4. Auto-Qual/Early Select procedures should take place again. If your Pilot/and or NFO calculator score is above 85 AND require no drug/legal waivers the odds are with you to being an early select.

5. Good luck!

papacap

Very excited to be checking in for this board. First contacted my recruiter back in Aug 2016 and I'm grateful to finally move forward. Looking forward to possibly seeing some of you at OCS this summer.

papacap

If you don't mind me asking, what took so long? Your ASTB score is great btw! I guess the wait paid off (or will, hopefully in May)
It took a while to get a waiver for my history of ADD. I submitted for a waiver once before and couldn't get it approved back in May 2017. I made a phone call to a family friend that was well connected in Millington and she got in touch with the doc that reviewed me. He said that I hadn't had enough "milestones of success" since getting off medication despite not taking it much in college. She suggested I go back to school and try again later, so I started an MBA program and made straight As on top of working full time at an airport. I resubmitted in early February and got the news that it got approved a week later. My recruiter told me that the Navy recently loosened up on ADD so that may have had something to do with the good news this time around. Regardless, its been a tough few months of working hard for something that I wasn't even sure would pan out, but it all paid off and I couldn't be more excited for May to roll around.

MadHatter

pilot
Finally checking in for good this time. Thought I'd make the last board but needed to retest the ASTB one more time. Much better scores this time, and looking forward to see the outcome. Applying SNA. Also, @RUFiO181 do you or anyone know if a medical waiver would hold up the auto select? My recruiter said I'm at a 95 on the calculator.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Finally checking in for good this time. Thought I'd make the last board but needed to retest the ASTB one more time. Much better scores this time, and looking forward to see the outcome. Applying SNA. Also, @RUFiO181 do you or anyone know if a medical waiver would hold up the auto select? My recruiter said I'm at a 95 on the calculator.

Read #4 again.

mke07