• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 May 18 Pilot/NFO Selection Board

rockthearts281

meh, worst case scenario, we die.
I have Verizon lol. But Tennessee is different haha. You may be 8000 MSl but really only 3000 AGL lol. I was over there last week didn't have any issues. Now I'm on the coast of North Carolina. Where 6000 MSL is 6000 AGL and nada hahaha.
lol It works for me over Ohio too. Its 8000 MSL but 7000 AGL and 8000 AGL when you get up to the lakes.

Jamie_D

Congrats, hoping I get finsel pretty quick!
Any idea how some people get really fast turn over, others are stuck in purgatory? What’s the criteria, does anyone have an idea that they could fill me in on? Hoping to see everyone July 1st or 22nd!!
From what I've found out, it all depends on OCS. Whether spots open up or they are filled. I think my boyfriend got pushed back a few times last summer for his FINSEL because of no spots opening, or something to that effect. Others could be in it because of an issue with paperwork or so, which happened to me. Other than that, it's still a mystery.

andrewt

From what I've found out, it all depends on OCS. Whether spots open up or they are filled. I think my boyfriend got pushed back a few times last summer for his FINSEL because of no spots opening, or something to that effect. Others could be in it because of an issue with paperwork or so, which happened to me. Other than that, it's still a mystery.
You're saying they gave him a FINSEL and OCS date based on the anticipation of a spot opening up? Navy running OCS like an airline?

Jamie_D

You're saying they gave him a FINSEL and OCS date based on the anticipation of a spot opening up? Navy running OCS like an airline?
From what I saw, basically like an airline haha. He waited for a FINSEL for three months or so. It just had to do with availability in the classes and people who had a higher priority to go than him.

andrewt

From what I saw, basically like an airline haha. He waited for a FINSEL for three months or so. It just had to do with availability in the classes and people who had a higher priority to go than him.
NRC has to take into account OCS attrition, just like the airlines.
DORs are to be expected, but the impression I got from Jamie was that they gave him an OCS date, but then pushed it backed because there werent enough attrites. Or were you just trying to say that the FINSEL took longer than expected, than what his OR expected?

Jamie_D

DORs are to be expected, but the impression I got from Jamie was that they gave him an OCS date, but then pushed it backed because there werent enough attrites. Or were you just trying to say that the FINSEL took longer than expected, than what his OR expected?
My apologies for confusion! They didn't give him a date, just kept pushing him back for months. It was much longer than both he and his OR expected.

andrewt

Gotchya, thanks for clarifying. Wish I had my paperwork done in April so I'd be siting pretty with a FINSEL already like you :/

Jamie_D

Gotchya, thanks for clarifying. Wish I had my paperwork done in April so I'd be siting pretty with a FINSEL already like you :/
Haha, English....not my strong suit. Don't worry, you'll get it soon enough. A lot of people from the regular board have been getting 1 JUL. You've still got some time! I mean they called me up asking if I wanted to go to the 29 APR class five days in advance.. So you never know!

andrewt

Hey everyone, hopefully you guys are hearing some news today, so good luck with that! I do have some good news for you guys though. @charwakeup, has liked a few of my comments.
View attachment 19189
*I feel obligated to keep it going at this point
bbc.png

andrewt

Haha, English....not my strong suit. Don't worry, you'll get it soon enough. A lot of people from the regular board have been getting 1 JUL. You've still got some time! I mean they called me up asking if I wanted to go to the 29 APR class five days in advance.. So you never know!
Yeah hard pass on the one week turnaround for OCS. I either want to go in July to get it over with or like October so I cant visit family before things get substantially busier.

Jamie_D

Yeah hard pass on the one week turnaround for OCS. I either want to go in July to get it over with or like October so I cant visit family before things get substantially busier.
Yeah, I was completely out of shape and couldn't get my life together in a week haha. This time around, I should be in better shape...If i could get rid of this dang shin pain.