• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22MAY2023 SNA/SNFO Board

FlyingGamecock

I have a feeling the july board… if there is one, will be another slaughter.
I sure hope not. I’m worried about not getting selected on a board with low selection, then my recruiter making me wait 6 months to reapply, then missing a normal board where I had a better chance and getting selected.

Hopefully next time they select for SNA, it’s a normal selection

JpQuist

I sure hope not. I’m worried about not getting selected on a board with low selection, then my recruiter making me wait 6 months to reapply, then missing a normal board where I had a better chance and getting selected.

Hopefully next time they select for SNA, it’s a normal selection
I’m in the same boat. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth trying for this next board or holding off and waiting for one with a better selection rate after this one. I have one attempt on the ASTB left and I would prefer not to have to blow it just to hopefully make another board a couple months down the road

Storm27324

ProRec Y - SNA
According to the most recent Dashboard, Pilot designator is Closed until the July board. The May board will be NFO select only and there are 12 remaining quotas for FY23 for NFO.

SNA "should" reopen for the July Board and NFO/SNA will be selected for FY24 however there are only about 60 slots left for SNA FY24 so another slaughter board.

Waiting to see an updated board schedule/dashboard (hopefully the next few weeks but could be as late as March ? thanks Navy)

I'm skipping this board, gonna study for and retake the ASTB and apply via ISPP. (Should have done that last board ?) between USAFA, STA21 and OCS this will be my 5th package. ASSUMING better competitive scores for ASTB, come July board and post I should be able to shotgun packages until they tell me not to return ?, got 3 years until I age out (without a waiver for pilot), and being a prior, as long as PRT/EVALS maintain/improve, plus officer board stuff, hell, I could have a second Bachelors and masters plus my PPS by then at this point, reconsideration packages won't be a problem.

As explained to me by my XO/CO this is a recurring Rollercoaster. We are in a low and slow due to over recruitment/covid/backups in Pcola and else where in the fleet. Once those smooth out or start moving there is gonna be a significant jump in quotas both NFO and SNA.

Keep chugging fellas, if you want it don't give up. Let the Navy tell you No.

WhiteLotus5125

According to the most recent Dashboard, Pilot designator is Closed until the July board. The May board will be NFO select only and there are 12 remaining quotas for FY23 for NFO.

SNA "should" reopen for the July Board and NFO/SNA will be selected for FY24 however there are only about 60 slots left for SNA FY24 so another slaughter board.

Waiting to see an updated board schedule/dashboard (hopefully the next few weeks but could be as late as March ? thanks Navy)

I'm skipping this board, gonna study for and retake the ASTB and apply via ISPP. (Should have done that last board ?) between USAFA, STA21 and OCS this will be my 5th package. ASSUMING better competitive scores for ASTB, come July board and post I should be able to shotgun packages until they tell me not to return ?, got 3 years until I age out (without a waiver for pilot), and being a prior, as long as PRT/EVALS maintain/improve, plus officer board stuff, hell, I could have a second Bachelors and masters plus my PPS by then at this point, reconsideration packages won't be a problem.

As explained to me by my XO/CO this is a recurring Rollercoaster. We are in a low and slow due to over recruitment/covid/backups in Pcola and else where in the fleet. Once those smooth out or start moving there is gonna be a significant jump in quotas both NFO and SNA.

Source?

Andrew_franny

I’ll update the spreadsheet and this thread with the new July info in a little. Thanks

WhiteLotus5125

I’ll update the spreadsheet and this thread with the new July info in a little. Thanks
I'd wait until there's official word of a cancelation. My recruiter hasn't said anything yet and this is the first time I'm hearing anything about this. With all the rumors that are spread on here, just wait until it's official.

Not saying the board being canceled isn't a possibility, just that it's better to wait for an official word instead of jumping to conclusions and setting your sights on the next board.

Last edited:

Storm27324

ProRec Y - SNA
I'd wait until there's official word of a cancelation. My recruiter hasn't said anything yet and this is the first time I'm hearing anything about this. With all the rumors that are spread on here, just wait until it's official.

Not saying the board being canceled isn't a possibility, just that it's better to wait for an official word instead of jumping to conclusions and setting your sights on the next board.
The May board is NOT cancelled (as of now). 13900 designator is Closed though so they won't accept any SNA applications this board.

Chances are with how many slots available for NFO, I wouldn't be surprised if they can the whole board but that's speculation. Pilot designator is Closed though and that is verified through NRC and is reflected on the dashboard. Your your recruiter has access to it, Ask him ??‍♂️

If you have access to flankspeed (active duty) you can look this up yourself under NRC-->N33 Documents-->Dashboards. It is also where results, at-board lists and class up lists are posted under GENOFF results.

Last edited:

Biff42

Why didnt you apply via ISPP last board?