• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

22 FEB 2016 SUPPLY CORPS BOARD

Punos_Rey

No go on Supply or Intel for me, last chance with SWO coming up. Good luck to everyone else hopefully there's good news in the wings for everyone

DeCarlo

So it's a no go for me which I would be perfectly fine with but I find that they didn't even look at my package because I am 29 years old even with active duty they didn't look. This is what I've waited months for, wasted my own money driving hours to exams and meetings for, just for you to not even take a look at my package. Shame on you. That's not how you treat people at all.

MG2012

So it's a no go for me which I would be perfectly fine with but I find that they didn't even look at my package because I am 29 years old even with active duty they didn't look. This is what I've waited months for, wasted my own money driving hours to exams and meetings for, just for you to not even take a look at my package. Shame on you. That's not how you treat people at all.
Sorry to hear - that's frustrating! What makes you believe they didn't even look at it?

that1dude

SH2(SW/AW)
That's too bad. Are you sure they didn't even look at it? Did you submit an age waiver? If so, could there have been a reason the waiver was denied?

exNavyOffRec

Did a waiver not get included with the application, if it did I would venture to say the processor made an error.

DeCarlo

The board didn't look at any applicants that had age waivers. My paperwork was checked over a million times by several processors(not literally) but even if you had prior service they didn't look at the age waiver which wasn't disclosed prior to me doing all of the gauntlet obstacles. Would have never applied honestly had I've known my age was an issue next to my service already served. I've turned down 2 great jobs for a least a shot. I just can't believe they didn't even look at my hard work put together.

that1dude

SH2(SW/AW)
The board didn't look at any applicants that had age waivers. My paperwork was checked over a million times by several processors(not literally) but even if you had prior service they didn't look at the age waiver which wasn't disclosed prior to me doing all of the gauntlet obstacles. Would have never applied honestly had I've known my age was an issue next to my service already served. I've turned down 2 great jobs for a least a shot. I just can't believe they didn't even look at my hard work put together.
Where are you getting this info from? Why would they not look at any applications with an age waiver? No offense, but that sounds like bullshit (and not because I submitted an age waiver).

DeCarlo

If you don't believe me that's perfectly fine but data doesn't lie. I am pretty sure that with a little research you can find the same results.

that1dude

SH2(SW/AW)
If you don't believe me that's perfectly fine but data doesn't lie. I am pretty sure that with a little research you can find the same results.
I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I'm sure that they would not publish information like that to the public. That's why I was asking where this info came from. For instance, I'm more likely to believe info that comes from a processor or even a recruiter, but the fact of the matter is that if they already knew that they wouldn't look at anyone with an age waiver, then why would they waste our time? Why not just make the max age 29 non-waiverable?

I could be entirely wrong, who knows? If you'd care to share your source, I'd be happy to discuss this with you further.

DeCarlo

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I'm sure that they would not publish information like that to the public. That's why I was asking where this info came from. For instance, I'm more likely to believe info that comes from a processor or even a recruiter, but the fact of the matter is that if they already knew that they wouldn't look at anyone with an age waiver, then why would they waste our time? Why not just make the max age 29 non-waiverable?

I could be entirely wrong, who knows? If you'd care to share your source, I'd be happy to discuss this with you further.

My info came from a processor but I also had a recruiter confirm that doesn't even know the other. So this was a huge waste of my time.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
I am sorry for your bad experience here. However, it is not entirely accurate. I have an applicant with prior service, was granted a waiver PRIOR to the board by the Supply community and was selected. It is NOT true that they did not consider waivers. However, if you are already too old and possess no prior service, there is no waiver to pursue. You must commission on graduation day PRIOR to turning 29 or 31 if granted a waiver with prior service.

Specifically, the program authorization states: "Maximum age limit may be adjusted for personnel with prior active service who possess particularly exceptional qualifications, skills, and experience provided the applicants can be commissioned prior to their 31st birthday. Supply Corps Officer Community Manager will carefully consider each request. Age waiver requests will not be automatically approved."

that1dude

SH2(SW/AW)
Just got off the phone with Mr. Celestin... Age Waiver disapproved. Considerations included GPA, grades (math), and lack of significant math/science college courses.

That's a bit disappointing. I would have figured an MBA would have satisfied "math" courses. Can't speak for the GPA though.

exNavyOffRec

Just got off the phone with Mr. Celestin... Age Waiver disapproved. Considerations included GPA, grades (math), and lack of significant math/science college courses.

That's a bit disappointing. I would have figured an MBA would have satisfied "math" courses. Can't speak for the GPA though.

It sounds like what happened to you is most likely what happened to @DeCarlo as well, if they were going to turn down the age waiver they should have notified those people sooner rather than later.